We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer with focus on Geospatial Data in our Data Insights Geospatial Science group. You will work with a team of remote sensing scientists and geospatial data engineers to develop and maintain ETLs of raw data from various source systems into analytics environments to support digital work including, but not limited to: data discovery, data transformation, data model development, platform engineering, and other uses.What You Will Do:
- Query, filter, tag, join, parse, and normalize datasets for use in analytical models.
- Extracts, transforms and loads geo/RS data from an extremely wide field of data sources into staging layers and analytic datasets
- Transition exploratory research that uses geospatial/RS data into scalable processing pipelines for further development and deployment
- Collaborate with data scientists in the design, implementation and deployment of innovative and effective solutions to datacubes generation and modelling pipelines.
- Collaborate with engineering teams (internal stakeholders and external partners) working with geospatial platforms to implement models and algorithms at scale
- Produce high quality code and advocate for coding standards with an emphasis on software craftsmanship.
- Bachelor's degree or above in computer science or related technical field (e.g. Geographical Information Science, Data Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Information Management)
- 3+ years' experience in designing and implementing large scale geospatial/remote sensing data for loading, manipulation, processing, and exploring solutions.
- Skilled in the use of Python for exploratory data analysis and visualization for research, data analysis, and/or modeling.
- Knowledge of remote sensing and geospatial data sources, characteristics, and methods. Experience or familiarity of raster and vector geospatial data format, experience with QGIS, ArcGIS or ENVI and geospatial cloud platforms such as Descartes Labs and Planet Labs
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS to perform ETL on datasets.
- Experience with cloud-based computing and familiarity with AWS (boto, cli) or other public Cloud platforms.
- Experience working with distributed computing.
- Familiarity with agricultural and crop management systems
- Experience with code versioning and dependency management systems such as Github.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced development environment
- Excellent team player skills with high integrity, work ethics, and self-awareness.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Experience working with and contributing to the open source software community for geospatial software and analysis.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/_6DOwEjRI2o or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.