Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Are you a Data Engineer who wants to build enterprise data solutions to support better serving our customers? As an AWS Data Engineer on the CODIE Team, you will be responsible for data acquisition and data preparation in AWS. This position will work with data across many Travelers' systems to create data products that provide a holistic view of our customers' interactions with us. In this unique position, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a cross-LOB project team. Prior Data Engineering experience in AWS required.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Data Analysis, Acquisition, Preparation, and Exploration:
- Independently perform Data Acquisition, Prep and Exploration: reviews, prepares, basic design, and integrates data. Able to correct minor problems and implements data cleansing/quality solutions.
- Apply moderate and develops basic data derivations, business transformation rules, and data requirements.
- Present simple data visualizations to help support data exploration as needed.
Data Solutions & Analytic Implementations:
- Operationalize and automate well defined simple data products independently.
- Build, test, and implement simple analytic processes, including pilots and proof of concept.
- Assist in training business users on data products/analytic environment. Delivers basic training.
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects.
- Continue to develop insurance and business intelligence knowledge while learning how work assignments address business issues.
- Understand Travelers standards, processes, and environmental landscape.
- Incorporate core data management competencies - data governance, data security, data quality.
- Share knowledge with peer users on data or analytic products.
- 1 year of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College Degree in STEM related field
- 3 years of relevant experience with data tools, techniques, and manipulation preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Python programming skills
- Experience building data products
- Experience building data pipelines
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience in code repository tool GitHub
- Experience with AWS
- Experience putting applications in Production at Travelers, preferred
- Must demonstrate a proactive nature with willingness to contribute, collaborate and work in an Lean-Agile team environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.