JOB POSTING #: 2021-0086
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, March 29, 2021 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $23.71- $27.87 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Supervisor of Administration or designate, this position will be responsible for effective processing of Social Assistance through the departments computer terminal network.
- Will prepare, prioritize, and control computer input documents for data entry;
- Maintain an audit trail process for the terminal operations;
- Complete daily transmission and reception between Queen’s Park and the City of Windsor; will undertake and distribute daily printing of output documents’ monitor cheques in accordance with approved security procedures;
- Select and empty print data file according to established procedures; implement special procedures for users manual where necessary;
- Report operational problems with appropriate support documentation;
- Will liaise with appropriate provincial technological staff to resolve functional problems; and perform other related duties as assigned including input of SAMS computer documents such as Income Reporting Statements.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
Note: Please be advised that the initial job placement for this posting will be at the Windsor location. However, applicants are reminded that management reserves and retains its rights to transfer employees and change their work assignment location at any time.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over (3) months of experience in a computerized office environment using the Microsoft Office suite of products including Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm;
- Past experience, knowledge or general understanding of Social Assistance programs and guidelines as they relate to the Ontario Works Act and other related legislation will be considered an asset;
- Specialized training and or experience on a key to disk entry system will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a moderate level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.