Our client, a leading insurance company in Belgium, is looking for a Claims Data Scientist.
- Work with stakeholders in the Claims department to understand their needs and translate them into specific analytical requirements.
- Design, develop and implement solutions for data analysis and modeling, using both internal and external data sources.
- Identify and communicate insights from data analysis to support decision-making and problem-solving activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve data-related issues.
- Continuously monitor data quality and accuracy, and proactively identify and resolve data discrepancies.
In addition to the key responsibilities listed above, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects, including:
- Optimization of operational processes: The data analyst will collaborate with the Claims department to identify opportunities to optimize operational reporting processes. This may involve identifying and implementing more efficient data collection and reporting methods, automating existing reports, and developing new reports to meet evolving business needs.
- Claims payout analysis: The data analyst will be responsible for analyzing claims data to identify trends and patterns that may impact business operations. This analysis will help the Claims department to make data-driven decisions related to claims management and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Other ad-hoc analysis: The data analyst may be asked to conduct ad-hoc analysis on a range of topics related to claims management. This may include investigating the root causes of claims disputes, identifying patterns in claims fraud, and analysing the impact of new regulations or industry trends on claims management.
Masters degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Business) or a related field with a strong focus on data analysis.
Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex data in a clear and concise manner.
Experience with Non-Life insurance or Claims data is a plus.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team, manage multiple priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
Strong business acumen and the ability to understand and communicate business needs and requirements.
Strong knowledge of data analysis techniques and tools, such as SQL, PBI, R, and Python (SAS is a plus).
Experience with statistical modeling, machine learning, and data visualization.