As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Financial in Windsor, CT has an opportunity for a Sr. Data Scientist to join our Enterprise Data Science team, which supports all our businesses across product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing data. The ideal candidate is adept at leveraging data science skill set on large data sets to find insights, patterns & build machine learning models for various use cases. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization both on technology and business sides as well as COE leaders to support the identification and implementation of data science use cases using advanced AI/Machine Learning solutions.
- Provide guidance and technical leadership to onsite and offshore teams in the implementation of data science use cases.
- Design, develop and implement architecture roadmap and strategy to support the evolving needs of the data science team including cloud technologies on Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Establishing best practices around the use of Cloudera Data Science Workbench and the Big Data platform, and performing code reviews and assisting with code migrations to that platform.
- Utilize BigData experience to assist with performance tuning of code, and tuning of predictive models as needed.
- Mine and analyze data from structured, unstructured as well as variety of company databases to drive design, build and deploy data science use cases across various functions within the company.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources including 3rd party data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, process optimization and other business outcomes.
- Have an acumen to design an experiment framework to test model quality and use case effectiveness.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis solution design and development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data and analytics technology strategy and architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has an advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, NLP, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience using web services: Cloud based Data Science solutions on Azure, GCP or AWS.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Tableau , Power Point or similar solutions.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.