Data Science Advisor and analyst is responsible for participating in all phases of the design and development life cycle of analytic models, applications, and strategies, as well as providing consulting support to the business partners.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with internal senior leaders and business partners to identify key areas for Data Science to impact customers.
- Create and align on an analytics roadmap to execute against the priorities.
- Research and recommend data science solutions for improved business partners.
- Direct the design, development, and delivery of data science initiatives across Anthem Client Services.
- Work with key business stakeholders to understand the underlying business needs and formulate the needs into discrete, manageable problems with well-defined measurable objectives and outcomes.
- Provide thought leadership around the data and computing environment necessary for optimal success.
- Experience in data lake migration, data analytics proof of concepts, cloud migration
- Design and execution of data science or machine learning projects to address specific business problems determined by consultation with business partners.
- Lead the design, implementation, and continuous delivery of an insights data pipeline supporting the development and operation of custom analytic products/services across the Anthem Client Services.
- Research and explore data sources, work with data and systems experts to understand the data and what it represents.
- Conduct a variety of data analytics such as: predictive modeling, statistics, machine learning, data mining, and other data analysis techniques to extract insights from structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with deep learning methods and applications
- 5+ years’ experience in at least one of the following areas: Strategy, Analytics, Predictive Modeling, or BI Tools, as well as experience in big data technologies.
- 2+ years’ experience working with Python
- Strong relational database SQL skills.
- 2+ years of working knowledge of some of the Machine Learning Algorithms - Classification, Regression, Clustering, Dimensionality Reduction, Model Selection, Feature Extraction or equivalent, or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with data pre-processing, modeling, and visualization.
- 2+ years’ experience in working with Tableau and/or Power BI
- 2+ years of practicing knowledge of machine learning libraries (Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and PyTorch)
- Experience of Snowflake and cloud fundamentals.
- Good communication and team-working skills
Bachelors Degree Required, Masters in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Analytics, or related Quantitative disciplines preferredBusiness Overview
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.