Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
We believe our colleagues comes first, thinking different is an asset and innovation comes by putting customer experience first in our design thinking.
We strive to enable financial institutions to focus on customer experience and creating differentiating digital services rather than managing technology complexity by providing:
- Go-live ready digital solutions tailor-made for the different personas using them
- A modularized digital offering with lots of options and choices helping the client to quickly bring live new services and efficiently differentiate investments
- A SaaS delivery model delegating the majority of the technology complexity to us
- Self-service capabilities for our ecosystem of FinTechs and bank IT departments looking to easily configure and extend our standard functional offering building blocks
- Implement data analytics – Big data exploration, extraction, processing and ingestion to different SQL and NonSQL storage systems
- Data investigation and creation of pipelines and models
- Deliver data to end users and applications
What you need:
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Proven experience in implementing Big Data / Data Analytics productive environments, using technologies such as distributed SQL engines / file systems
- Proficiency in ETL data pipeline, using market standard tools such as MapReduce, Spark, Python
- Expertise in data modelling and data management tools
- Practical experience implementing container platforms, preferably OpenShift / Kubernetes
- Familiarity in streaming technology like Kafka
You will get extra points for the following:
- Hands-on experience with Apache toolset and ecosystem (e.g. Haddop) is an advantage
- Experience with Distributed SQL engines like Presto
- Familiarity with full text search or processing software such as Elastic Search / Lucene / SOLR is a plus
- Experience with workflow frameworks (e.g. Argo, Airflow)
- Understanding of data visualization using software like Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, Yellowfin
- Experience working in financial industry in specific use cases (portfolio management and analysis, CRM/CLM, financial and performance reporting, legal and compliance)
- Experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
What you can expect:
It’s all about getting to know our teams and to e-meet with us. We will use video interviews to give you the opportunity to meet your future colleagues and get a first insight into Avaloq’s unique culture.
What we will offer you
We offer competitive base salaries and a benefits package with private health and dental care as well as a generous pension. If you go the extra mile, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward.
Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online.