RAPP Chicago is looking for a Data Scientist to join our award-winning Marketing Sciences team.Who We Are
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all, and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors, and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly, we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.How We Do It
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what is needed. And our award-winning technologists and creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.Your Role
The Data Scientist provides supports the development of actionable insights, algorithms and computational solutions to real-world marketing challenges through the application of technology-based mathematical methods. Under the direction of the VP, Advanced Analytic Solutions, the Data Scientist works with multidisciplinary teams to inform, power, measure and optimize marketing efforts.Responsibilities
- Analyzes large and small internal and external datasets to extract actionable insights
- Develop statistical models to drive targeting, messaging and strategic decision-making, which may include and is not limited to:
- Marketing Mix (MMM) and Marketing Attribution (MTA) models
- Profile-based, Behavioral, LTV and other customer segmentation models
- Response, look-alike, loyalty, net lift and other sales models
- Survival Analysis, In-market and other timing models
- Leads, sales and other KPI forecasting models
- Support iteration and feature enhancement of existing models
- Create new or challenger models with methods, data, and/or tools that are currently not in production
- Aid in code standardization, review, and versioning to increase efficiency and streamline process
- Collaborate with other disciplines to explain insights around statistical output that helps describe the targeting group, consumer, or model tier to non-technical audiences
Our Hybrid Work Model
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, Economics, or related discipline/ experience
- 1-3 years experience applying statistical analysis and/or analytics-based programming to model, forecast and/or answer tactical and strategic questions
- Working knowledge of database marketing principles, and databases and structure
- Proficient in R or Python
- Ideal candidate will have basic experience across programming languages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude for data visualization and using Data Science to tell a story is a plus
RAPP's current hybrid model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while also supporting flexibility for all employees. As such, we have the option to work from home two days per week, if we'd like.RAPP provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan. Benefits for this role include health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k), stock options, Healthcare & Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, vacation, sick, and personal days and positive activism days, paid parental leave and disability benefits. For more information regarding Omnicom benefits, please visit www.omnicombenefits.com. A reasonable estimate of the salary for this role, at the time of posting, is $70,000 - $90,000. This range is specific to Chicago and multiple factors are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: skill set, experience and training, certifications; etc. This is an exempt position. If your requirements fall outside of this range, you are still welcome to apply.
“As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.”NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.