- Leads complex data analysis, uses and explores data, languages, tools and software to best construct data for predictive modelling, tests the model, trains data to deploy the modelling within the global GMS GQ environment, and embed new capabilities in the global Enterprise Architecture.
- Manages and develops technical existing and new computer science platforms to design, to analyze and implement complex and new data driven solutions, with an impact on the daily operation of our manufacturing facilities.
- Interprets and develops advance techniques in partly structured and unstructured big data across different partner organizations.
- Oversee and guide efforts of Advanced Analytics in a GxP environment from an IT perspective in all US GMS sites and for our collaboration with CMO’s.
- Determines data analysis approaches, uses different technologies, big data preparations, programming and loading as well as initial exploration in the process of searching and finding data patterns.
- Oversees data science input and requests, translates these from data exploration - large record (billions) and unstructured data sets - to mathematic algorithms and uses various tooling from programming languages to new tools (artificial and machine learning) to translate, build and optimize models.
- Leads and conducts ongoing tests in the search for solutions in the data modelling, collects and prepares the training of data, tones the data, optimizes algorithm implementations to test, scale, and deploy future models.
- Designs/builds/deploys complex data models related to R&D questions independently.
- Develops technical roadmaps and approaches for data analyses to find patterns, to design data models, to scale the model to a managed production environment within the current or a technical landscape to develop.
- Influences and guides data exploration from analysis to scalable models, works independently and decides quick on transfers in complex data analysis and modelling.
- Interprets the impact on IT Structure and Architecture and influences this discipline.
- Independently use own judgement to identify data requirements and influences the design and implementation of the IS/IT data strategy.
- Ensures execution and documentation to Takeda Quality Management System (QMS), suggest adjustments to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and other standards, policies and procedures.
- Work independently on tough problems with other team members and independently solve, with some guidance, very difficult technology problems.
- Demonstrates advanced tooling and techniques to other engineers and traditional analytics organizations throughout the company
- Maintains up-to-data knowledge on modern data technologies, explores new platforms and beta tooling.
- Represent the team while working on project across R&D and commercial. Is internal and external expert to-go-to in how to drive advanced Computer Science and Engineering skills and techniques.
- Influences and maintains relationships with partner organizations in support of data analysis, modelling and deployment.
COMPETENCES, EDUCATIONAL AND SKILLS
- Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 years or more of relevant experience.
- Ability to write, speak and lead in the English language
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen and excels in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and experience with validated systems.
- Up-to-date specialized knowledge of data wrangling, manipulation and management of technologies to affect change across business units.
- Ability to work in an agile and rapid changing environment with high quality deliverables.
- Experience Programming Java or Scala (Python?)
- Understanding of Web Services as well as JSON formats
- Working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Experience with at least one NoSQL datastore (Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J, …)
- Understand the concepts of Hadoop and Spark
- Experience in Computer Systems Validation GAMP
- Understanding of AWS (S3, EC2, Redshift, EMR, Athena)
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Tools (Qlik/PowerBI)
- Experience with Multiple NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J, …)
- Experience with data formats including Parquet, ORC or AVRO
- Experience with any of the following Frameworks: Spring, Django, R Shiny, Tensorflow, MXNet
- Understanding or Application of Machine Learning and / or Deep Learning
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0049271