We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Information Management Team on a 12 Month Fixed Term contract
Below covers everything you need to know about what this opportunity entails, as well as what is expected from applicants.
This is an additional role within the team to support the development of BI (Business Intelligence) capabilities for Finance through the Shaping Future Finance programme.
This is an exciting project where you will take ownership of all Finance Core Systems, and Source To pay system data requirements to design and develop a Finance data mart for the Finance BI Analyst to build the Power BI reports from. Using your Azure data services skills, you will also be able to build a finance data pipeline and data marts from scratch.
This is a great time to join the team as we consolidate and transition from our legacy housing management systems towards more agile ways of working. You will also be joining an amazing team where training and development are a priority and ongoing learning is highly supported. You will have the opportunity to help consolidate systems and support data migration as we move toward a more modern way of working via Azure.
Some Of The Things We Are Looking For
- A Degree level qualification in Engineering with Information Technology specialism or equivalent experience
- Experience in developing/implementing solutions using Azure data services and tools
- Strong experience with on-prem Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools
- Strong experience with data modelling and data warehouse design.
- Experience of resolving technical incidents in a professional fashion ex. Complex SQL Agent job failure
- Knowledge of Azure data related technologies such as Synapse Studio, pipelines, Connectors like ODATA, FTP, SQL, SFTP, APIs
- Experience of working with data from multiple sources, ideally Housing Systems
- Have a strong customer focus, and the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
While this role is home based, you should have the ability to travel to Group offices and other locations as required. Our Group offices are located at Birmingham Business Park and Central Park, Worcester. Please note that the team currently meet in the office once every other month and any required travel will be reimbursed in line with the current inland revenue mileage rates.
Some Of Our Great Benefits Include
- Up to 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) with the opportunity to buy and sell leave
- Family friendly policies including generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared Parental and Adoption leave plus 3 days paid Urgent Domestic Leave
- Medicash membership for all employees which includes access to an employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership and exclusive discounts
- Health Cash Plan worth up to £1700 p/a with cashback for dental, optical, physio and complementary therapies and more
- Pension scheme with minimum employee contributions of up to 3% and Platform will contribute up to 8% (inclusive of life assurance and dependent on employee contributions)
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice electric vehicle scheme and cycle to work scheme
- Employee reward and recognition scheme with wellbeing hub and discount from a wide range of retailers
If you would like any further information on the role or would like to arrange an informal chat, please feel free to contact Vibhuti Laroiya (Head of Data Engineering & Reporting) via email
If this sounds like the place for you then we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that we will review applications throughout the campaign and encourage early applications, as this position may close earlier than the published closing date.
We aim to hold interviews for this role via Microsoft teams and will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CV’s will be treated as a direct application.