Compensation is one of the key levers for attracting and retaining great talent, yet most companies are struggling to get it right. They simply have no choice but to rely on poor data and unsophisticated tools for their pay decisions. That’s why we created Ravio.
We help some of the world’s most innovative and ambitious companies build stronger teams and reach their goals through better compensation. Our goal is to bring compensation into the modern age by building the ultimate real-time compensation solution. We’re passionate about ensuring everyone is paid what they deserve, no matter their background or circumstances. We believe that when compensation is done right, everyone wins.
Ravio is growing fast, which means you can too. Joining a startup in the early days and scaling it into a global product is one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences a career can offer. If that sounds exciting to you, you’re in the right place.The Role
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in bringing sophisticated data science to the world of compensation for the first time. Data is at the very centre of what we do, meaning this role offers a huge opportunity for personal influence and impact - and comes with high expectations. You’ll be excited by the challenge of understanding the underlying dynamics of the complex systems determining compensation and using this to build insight-rich products, drawing on your wide range of knowledge across analytical techniques, statistics and machine learning methodologies. The ideal candidate bring both commercial and customer acumen along with technical excellence. As a Data Scientist at Ravio, you will…
- Develop a deep understanding of a largely greenfield domain for data science: compensation
- Analyse complex real-world data sets to identify patterns and trends
- Build models that are both technically effective and deliver value to clients
- Own and manage modelling pipelines from end-to-end
- Communicate findings and recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Continuously improve and optimise models and processes
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
What you’ll get:
- Masters or PhD in data science, statistics, or a related field
- Strong background in statistics and machine learning
- Familiarity with Python and relevant data science libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, numpy)
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- The opportunity to be part of the early team of a category-defining company backed by a strong roster of world-class investors
- An inclusive work environment characterised by a high degree of trust, respect and integrity
- The ability to work closely with and learn from the company’s founders as well as a highly ambitious team of smart, mission-driven individuals
- A high degree of autonomy and the opportunity for fast-tracked professional growth
- While we’re very focused at work, we also know how to have fun in the process and don’t take ourselves too seriously
- Competitive compensation (and we know what we’re talking about!) with significant upside potential for high performance. And company equity, of course.
- An amazing benefits package for everyone, regardless of their role or level, including generous paid time off allowances as well as enhanced parental leave benefits