Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience for any organization. Kaltura is the video experience cloud, powering communication, collaboration, learning, and entertainment. Kaltura’s products are used by over 1,000 global enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, engaging more than a hundred million viewers at home, at work, and at school.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration. We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun, and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged. Kaltura has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly and have many exciting open positions all over the world. We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, a refer-a-friend program, and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Data Engineer to join our growing company.
As a Data Engineer at Kaltura, your day-to-day will include:
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various data sources using Python/Scala/Java and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Design, develop, and deliver new features that enable our big data platform to process millions of events per day.
- Create, maintain, and own the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth.
- Develop and support ETL pipelines with robust monitoring and alarming.
- Develop data models that are optimized for business understandability and usability.
- Develop and maintain metadata, data catalog, and documentation for internal business customers.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Experience in SW development - 5+ years
- Python - must, 2+ years
- Understanding of Big Data technologies and solutions.(Redshift/Athena/S3/Kinesis…)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle(SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Apache Airflow - Big advantage