The Data Engineer will be responsible for development, integration and implementation of corporate analytics that meet complex requirements and support the company business strategies and objectives. This is considered a mid-level developer position and requires technical skills in Cloud Computing, Business Intelligence, and web technologies.
This is a remote position, and we welcome applicants from throughout the United States. See About Us for more information about our corporate philosophy, perks, and benefits!
Requirements & Competencies
- 5-10 years of hands-on analytics experience
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Cloud Computing and the Azure Stack, including DevOps, Data Factory, Databricks (PySpark), Databricks Lakehouse, Delta Lake, Synapse
- Experience with SQL programming in MS SQL Server 2012 or higher (stored procedures, T-SQL) or in a similar relational database.
- Front-end development experience with: Power BI, Tableau or DOMO
- Experience with Visual Studio and Azure DevOps Server development environment
- Experience working within an Agile development environment
- Experience working with senior executives and distilling business requirements into tangible analytics deliverables.
- Preferred Experience with Microsoft DevOps Pipelines and Repositories
Project Delivery Competence
- Ability to build software / database applications according to requirements specifications
- Ability to assist with estimating effort required to complete development tasks
- Ability to apply technical, programmatic solutions to complex business requirements
- Experience in an environment of rapid development and delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Master’s degree in in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Develop, modify, implement, and support complex software applications in an agile, database driven environment
- Work with other team members to collaboratively find solutions for business needs
- Provide constructive feedback to team members on analytics design and implementation
- Use critical thinking to solve complex problems
- Follow software requirements specifications for programming projects
- Work with internal clients to understand complex business requirements
- Assist with analysis exercises to extract details from business users and internal stakeholders
- Assist with code reviews with other team members to validate solutions
- Exemplify professionalism in all business interactions
Join Our Team!
True to our founding goals, we overwhelmingly hire with a “Remote First” philosophy, maintaining the infrastructure to foster the success of remote employees no matter their location.
UnitedLex believes in a healthy work-life balance and is committed to creating a flexible, results-based environment. In addition to our core benefits (medical, dental, and vision), we offer generous time off policies, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) options including company match, paid parental leave, company-paid short and long term disability, company-paid life insurance, as well as an EAP plan that covers employees and household members. Our suite of employee-friendly benefits is evolving annually to meet the needs of our flexible workforce.
The salary range for this role reflects the range of factors that inform case-by-case compensation decisions including education, experience, training, licensure, certification, and geography as well as the business and organizational needs specific to the role. Compensation ranges may be broad, reflecting flexibility within the budget and title to consider candidates of varied experience. A reasonable estimate of the current compensation range for this role is $65,000 to $80,000. Select roles are additionally eligible for Incentive Compensation in the form of our Annual Performance Bonus Program or Sales Commission Policy.
UnitedLex is a data and professional services company delivering outcomes that create value and competitive advantage for legal and the business. Our business is anchored by a passion for innovation brought to life by a global community of diverse individuals determined to deliver on the promise of data mastery, legal acumen, and human ingenuity.