Requisition ID: 132077
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, innovative team that supports the Marketing Analytics & Product functions within Scotiabank’s Canadian Bank Analytics group. The individual will develop statistical models, data-mining and analytical solutions to solve a wide array of business problems, including how to drive acquisition, migration and engagement strategies across our customer base.
Scotiabank provides a collaborative work environment where you get to see end-to-end how your work can shape and define strategies. We will provide you the opportunities to gain exposure to different businesses across the organization, a wide variety of analytical tools that will allow you to build complex decision engines and predictive models, work with big data, structured and un-structured.
What will you do in this role?
Design and integrate campaign optimizations, channel analytics, customer models/segmentations and recommendation/decision engines to help elevate our customer’s experiences across various channels and move to a personalized 1:1 customer journey
- Synthesize data across multiple platforms to identify trends and deliver key insights and business recommendations around a customer-first approach to driving engagement and results across our marketing channels and campaigns, to then bringing these recommendations to market through execution and measurement
- Act as a modelling and analytics generalist, provide subject matter expertise on predictive modelling, advanced analytics, machine learning, data mining and statistical analysis to internal stakeholders
- Ability to validate and measure effectiveness of models and strategies to continually make ongoing changes and improvements
- Supporting key information technology initiatives, such as enhancements in single view of customer, customer/ channel data warehouse, CRM and campaign management tools
- Effectively communicate results of highly technical projects to stakeholders and deliver high quality, high impact analytical solutions to business problem
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
Analytical background: preferably Master or PhD degree with a quantitative focus, such as statistics, applied mathematics, economics, computer science
- 5 years of related experience needed, preferably within a financial, retail or consulting industry, campaign and channel analytics an asset
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing statistical models (predictive & descriptive) and advanced analytics with hands-on experience with Python and SAS
- Experience with relational databases and solid SQL skills (SQL Server, DB2, MySQL)
- Experience with Bash/Unix Shell Scripts with Python/Docker used for automating tasks
- Familiar with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Familiar with Hadoop Big Data ecosystem (Hive, Spark, Pig, Sqoop) an asset.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing recommendation engines in a multi-channel marketing environment an asset
- Strong business acumen: understanding of business and financial models and ability to link communication tactics to strategic objectives from a financial perspective
- Self-motivated, strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, a high aptitude for problem solving and a natural interest in understanding customer behavior
What's in it for you?
We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to succeed
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: for every future, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.