Deloitte’s Risk & Financial Advisory Services (Advisory) helps organizations effectively navigate business risks and opportunities — from strategic, reputation, and financial risks to operational, cyber, and regulatory risks — to gain competitive advantage. We are the business leaders in risk management, and work with a vision to make the world trustworthy, and safe. Our clients are large, complex organizations that constantly evolve and innovate to build better products and services. Our teams help clients embrace complexity, accelerate change and manage the various risks that they may encounter during this process.
At Advisory, we are creating a world-class Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) capability to enhance existing services and empower our clients. Our focus is on bringing data, AI/ML, and technology together with our deep expertise in multiple industries to drive new product development and significant automation/efficiencies.
We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with strong technical ability. We are looking for talented Machine Learning Engineers with experience in software engineering and applying machine learning to solve complex problems. Ideal candidates will have experience with a variety of machine learning methods, with demonstrated depth in at least one area. Additionally, they will have some experience in delivering production level, performant, stable, and tested code and want to be part of a team to make a significant impact.
Work you’ll do
As a Machine Learning Engineer working for the Advisory AI Center of Excellence (CoE), you’ll contribute to the practice’s AI/ML efforts and develop solutions by working with internal leaders and clients.
- Work with technical team and senior management stakeholders to understand the requirements for AI/ML solutions
- Work with the technical team and broader technology teams to implement AI/ML solutions and services
- Participate and contribute to the creation of proofs of concept as part of pursuit / sales cycles
- Identify opportunities to apply the latest advancements in AI/ML to build, test, and validate predictive models
- Create algorithms and develop automated processes for predictive model validation, deployment, and implementation
- Identify the data, technology and other requirements for implementing AI/ML models to solve problems
- Work with client and internal stakeholders to research and procure data required for training models
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of documentation, user guides, and training materials
- Support research and development efforts to understand and apply latest advancements in AI/ML technologies
The Advisory AI CoE is a core group of highly specialized individuals whose mission is to transform a $1.5B business through AI/ML technologies. Our team helps the business by partnering and strategically advising them on identifying opportunities and applying AI/ML technologies to enhance business solutions and processes.
Deloitte has been recognized as a leader by a number of independent analyst firms. Gartner named Deloitte as #1 for its vision in Analytics and Data Services. Source: Gartner’s 2020 Data and Analytics Service Providers Magic Quadrant. Reproduced under license.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in (any of) Engineering, Information Technology, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or related fields
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in AI/ML technologies
- Intermediate understanding of a programming languages and AI frameworks and algorithms
- Knowledge of Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Demonstrated ability of applying problem-solving skills to complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s or advanced certifications in Information Technology, Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied
- Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or related fields
- Large-scale, hands-on deep learning model training
- Deep knowledge of common programming languages and scripting language, such as Python (preferred), R, Java, C++
- Familiarity with cloud computing services will be a plus (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Knowledge of Big Data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Proficiency in Linux environment (including shell scripting), experience with database languages (e.g., SQL, No-SQL) and experience with version control practices and tools (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Understanding of best practices in Machine Learning and experience working in an agile environment