Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive “Senior Data Scientist” to join our big data & AI team. As a senior data scientist, you will be responsible to provide actionable business insights that drive revenue, reduce cost, and improve customer experience.
You will be working with key stakeholders within Vodafone Italy to generate hypotheses and supports the analytics modelling managers to create models that answer impactful business questions.
As Senior Data Scientist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Delving into data from different systems, structured and unstructured, both batch and real time, to discover hidden relationships and useful information
- Translating complex datasets into key strategy insight and powerful capabilities to the business
- Using machine learning /AI algorithms to perform modeling on network investment, predictive maintenance
- Using machine learning /AI algorithms to perform modeling for marketing and sales – churn models, next best action modelling, customer segmentation, store locations etc...
- Developing insightful dashboard to enable faster decision making
- Identifying new data sources and evaluate emerging technologies for data discovery usage
- Mentoring young data scientists in the team
- Presenting the results to technical and non- technical audiences
- Identifying new analytics trends and opportunities to drive the innovation agenda across Vodafone’s global team
- Participating in a community of Vodafone data scientists working in numerous countries
Your skills and qualifications must include:
- Master’s Degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and Engineering
- 4+ years experience in developing, implementing and maintaining Machine Learning /AI models and Optimization Algorithms
- Hands-on experience with the Big Data Analytics landscape and related tools, especially Hadoop, Hive/Impala, Spark (pyspark). Previous experience in performing analytics on cloud platforms is a plus
- Fluency in coding using Python and experience in Python data analysis libraries such as pandas, numpy and scikit-learn
- Expert level experience with the mathematical foundations of modern machine learning/AI algorithms and statistics
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present technical results to non-technical audiences
- Ability to guide junior data scientists in their skill sets, motivate them, and build the company’s foundation for future growth
- Curiosity, creativity, and an empirical mindset
- Being detail-oriented