Verity is the global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems and a leading provider of drone failsafe technology. Founded in 2014, Verity's drones have completed more than 200,000 autonomous flights safely above people, in more than 100 facilities in 20 countries worldwide. Its systems enable the deployment of dynamic sensors and other payloads anywhere in commercial and industrial facilities. Verity's drones have been used by some of the world's biggest names in entertainment, including Cirque du Soleil and Madison Square Garden, and in global tours of major artists including Drake and Metallica.
Verity is based in Zurich, backed by world-class investors, and has assembled a diverse and talented team of 60 employees. Do you want to join a fast-moving young company where your contributions will make a difference? Then join us!
By combining advanced sensing and data science with autonomous flight, Verity's industrial drone systems improve productivity and generate actionable insights in our clients' commercial facilities. As a data engineer, you will be tasked with architecting, developing, and maintaining the data infrastructure to process, transfer and store the data collected by Verity's autonomous drone fleets. This infrastructure reaches from on-board the drones to the cloud, and requires careful balancing of latency, bandwidth, storage, and computation requirements. You will also contribute to the development and deployment of models for the generation of valuable business insights from that data.
- Architect, develop and maintain systems for the transfer, transformation and storage of data collected by Verity's autonomous drones
- Develop data pipelines spanning from on-board drones to the cloud to generate business insights from the collected data
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Find patterns and trends in data sets and develop algorithms to help make raw data more useful
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Monitor Verity's data systems and take actions to ensure cost-effective scaling, reliability, and robustness
- University degree in data science, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field
- Proven track record in data engineering with at least 3 years of working experience
- Programming experience in Python and C++
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools
- Experience with state-of-the-art data architectures, e.g. microservices, data lakes and data marts, and managing interdependencies between cloud and on-premise applications
- Well versed in data analysis and with a good under-standing of statistics
- Working experience with AWS is a strong plus
- Working experience with Internet of Things and/or edge computing is a strong plus
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills
- Solution-oriented team player, capable of working autonomously
- Good written and spoken English language skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Wide freedom in shaping the architecture of Verity's data systems
- Work on unique data handling challenges with cutting-edge autonomous drone technology
- Work in an interdisciplinary, international team of highly skilled people with a lot of space for your own initiative