At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if your most rewarding experiences couldn’t be captured by a resume?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
What’s in it for you?
As a Data Engineer, you will support our clients in defining and implementing a data journey aligned with their strategic objectives. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Be able to clearly explain data and analytics strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
- Responsible for developing batch ingestion and data transformation routines using ETL tools or other ingestion techniques
- Responsible for developing real-time ingestion and data transformation routines using Kafka and similar technologies
- Responsible for migrating data from legacy data platform to cloud data platform
- Present data in graphs, charts, tables, etc. and designing and developing relational databases for collecting data.
What We’re Looking For
Here’s our ‘wish list’ but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- Configuration and coordination of data pipelines across projects
- Data pipeline development, including Azure Data Factory, AWS Kinesis and/or Spark
- Migration and transformation of large complex data sets from legacy systems like Teradata to cloud platform using Azure tools and other ETL tools like DataStage
- Data and Reporting Platform development on environments using technologies such as Microsoft Azure, SAP BW, Teradata, PowerBI or Cognos
- A strong background in coding with possible experience with Python, SAS, SQL and/or R
- Project delivery toolset experience in one or more batch ETL tools (such as DataStage, Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Azure Data Factory or Talend) and/or open-source data integration tools (such as Kafka or Nifi)
What We Can Offer You
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at email@example.com or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.
The minimum salary for this role is AUD $90,000 inclusive of superannuation and dependent on skills and experience.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.