Hudson are seeking applications from experienced Data Scientists for a full-time permanent position based in Canberra
About the role:
Our client are looking for a data scientist who can collaborate across our multidisciplinary team to translate our data into valuable insights and data visualisations with statistical integrity and rigour that stakeholders will use to improve system services. Your data science outputs will enable staff to accurately identify continuous improvement and innovation through data and analytics, to achieve positive outcomes for members of the organisation.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for:
- Responding to triaged stakeholder requests for data and insights, as well as advanced data science investigations,
- Supporting the development of advanced analytical models through machine learning & predictive analytics,
- Providing guidance on algorithmic data acquisition, profiling, cleansing and consolidation,
- Appropriate data science coding where relevant e.g. Python or R,
- Statistical modelling concepts and practical methodologies,
- Contributing to the architectural requirements for analytics platforms and infrastructure for data science initiatives,
- Application development, software assessments, and recommendations for statistical packages.
- Preliminary data visualisations that may be further enhanced by infographic or visualisation specialists, and
- Providing feedback and assurance over graphic representations of data analyses by other team members.
Skills and experience required:
You will bring your expertise in contemporary data science concepts and applications to conduct statistical modelling and analyses to propel the data science capability forward. Specifically, we need someone with:
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data science concepts (i.e. predictive algorithms, cognitive computing etc.) and applications.
- Knowledge in statistical analysis techniques, e.g., regression modelling, hypothesis testing, experimental testing.
- Computer programming and coding skills, suitable for a data scientist at this level.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques, such as supervised and unsupervised analysis techniques as well as probabilistic modelling.
- Experience working with large data sets/data warehouses and ability to pull from such data sets using relevant programs & coding to aggregate files.
- Experience in an analytical field such as data science, computer science, statistical modelling, mathematics, data management, data handling or related field.
- Sound judgment to diagnose and resolve problems within area of expertise.
You will need to be an Australian Citizen and be located in Canberra to be considered for this role.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. If you have any queries, please email Karam Singh at email@example.com