AtMachine Learning Reply Germany we work with our clients on leading-edge data projects for which we are seeking (Big) Data Engineers to serve our cloud-based client projects in multiple industries
Machine Learning Reply, with its sister company in Italy and over 12.000 employees at Reply globally, is a fast-growing consultancy focused on solving problems with data intelligence and the right organizational frameworks as their backbone. We offer tailor-made end-to-end solutions in the Business Intelligence Ecosystem that cover the entire project lifecycle - from initial strategy consulting to data architecture and infrastructure issues to data processing, modeling and visualization.
We are a tight-knit, laid-back, but seriously motivated unit that aims to be involved at conferences and in the community of practices with our tech partners.
You will be working across technical domains and industries depending on the project scope and your interest.
Whether you are already experienced in Data Engineering
or just graduated having gained your first experience in data technologies - If you never lose focus, are you data-driven but with a passion for Cloud Computing
? Then we want to hear from you!
What we offer you:
- Support the successful implementation of customer products related to Big Data, Data Engineering, and/or Data Warehouses.
- Build and maintain scalable Data Platforms and Datalakes on Cloud or on-premise, considering DevOps paradigms.
- Build and maintain data-intensive applications with big data technologies like Apache Spark, Hadoop, and databases (SQL and NoSQL), using batch or real-time data integration (Kafka, RabbitMQ).
- Develop data pipelines and workflows utilizing technologies such as AirFlow and/or Luigi.
- Access to work on projects across industries (large and mid-market companies in Banking, Insurance, Automotive, Retail, etc.)
- Broaden your skills through interdisciplinary work and training between the areas of data engineering, cloud architecture and data science
- Benefit from industry leading cooperations in the cloud, BI, and AutoML field
- Very active social program - including training, conferences, team buildings, Reply Exchange, communities of practices, and hackathons
- Work in an open, flat environment within a broad Reply knowledge-sharing network
- Award winning office space in downtown Munich with access to “Stammstrecke”
- You choose your state-of-the-art work equipment
- Public transport ticket within Munich
- Gym-membership subsidy for a gym of your choice
- Flexible work environment between client, Reply office and remote work.
- You have a passion for building, maintaining, and deploying data-driven products utilizing Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices, and Terraform.
- You think in a DevOps mindset, applying CI/CD (e.g., Gitlab CI, Jenkins), integration tests, and unit tests.
- You demonstrate experience with Data and Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure), and/or Databricks/SnowFlake.
- You have experience in Software Development and clean code in Python, Java, SQL, and/or Scala.
Nice to Have
- You have a high level of customer orientation and excellent communication skills.
- You are willing to travel.
- You are fluent in English and have at least intermediate proficiency (B1) in German (willing to improve).
- You have knowledge and experience in Backend and/or Frontend Development or are willing to improve in those skills.
- You have previous experience in a consultant role within the Data stack.