Turntide Technologies is helping turn the tide on climate change with breakthrough technologies that accelerate electrification and sustainable operations for energy-intensive industries. We develop full-stack, integrated, open systems that support commercial and industrial electric vehicles, building operations, and agriculture to optimize how the world uses energy, so every watt is worthwhile for humanity. We're looking for curious, intelligent, collaborative people from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the sustainability of our planet.
The Data Scientist will apply state of the art machine learning technologies to gain insights into Turntide devices and other relevant connected IoT devices with the goal of reducing downtime and improving the life expectancy of devices through automated and remote adjustments and alerting for those devices as well as expanded utility of the collective devices. The role will be required to implement and deploy end-to-end pipelines to deliver direct value to the business. This role will require a hands-on Data Scientist with experience in modeling challenging Data Science use cases.
You will be in a visible position that requires direct interaction and collaboration with peers and leaders across businesses and functions. You will work on innovative devices and push the limits of data science by using subject matter expertise. You are a quick starter and able to adapt quickly to a complex, rapidly growing and ever-changing environment. You will be encouraged to think like an owner and be accountable for all of the phases of a complex production deployment. You are experienced in predictive maintenance and presenting machine learning technologies to non-Data Scientists. You will leverage a variety of data including device sensor data as well as publicly available data like weather or geospatial data.
At this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you're reading. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Turntide's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes. We want people to feel comfortable expressing their true selves and to come, stay, and do their best work here.
- Drive Turntide business insight through data and machine learning techniques in combination with mechanical engineering expertise
- Architect effective machine learning pipelines and drive industry best practices for Turntide devices.
- Present and clearly communicate machine learning projects, outcomes and insights to stakeholders, external customers, and other teams to build trust in Data Science
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) in Data Science and predictive maintenance solutions within Turntide.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, Product, and Engineering and Product Quality teams to create value for our customers
- Maintain currency in emerging technologies and methodologies in an effort to continue to improve solutions and apply continual learning practices within the Data Science discipline
- 3+ years hands on experience working as a Data Scientist using a variety of data sources such as geospatial data, mechanical system sensor data, and maintenance records.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math or equivalent. M.S. Degree is preferred
- Experience using machine learning to solve predictive maintenance use cases on machinery.
- A strong technical understanding of mechanical devices and mechanical principles
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Proven track record of applied complex problem-solving and critical thinking towards new and innovative solutions.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with high degree of autonomy and accountability
- Experience with cloud based data science platforms like AWS, Azure or DataIku
- Experience deploying machine learning pipelines into production, including setting up recurring data ingest and model training as well as recurring alerts and assisting stakeholders to derive direct value.
- Experience in deep learning or image recognition
- Competitive salary + equity
- 100% company paid family health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement contribution match
- Open Paid-Time-Off policy
- Work from one of our 5 offices or join the 70% that work remotely
- Autonomy and flexibility to build green tech from the ground up
- Incredible growth potential - we are revolutionizing the electric motor industry
Turntide Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.