The Printing and Personal Systems (PPS) organization is HP’s largest business unit in terms of revenue, with a product portfolio that encompasses personal computers, technical workstations, printers, graphics solutions, managed-print services and internet services. We attribute our success to the expertise, passion and commitment of our people.
As a data scientist, you will join an industry-leading organization and work on developing and implementing analytical models to identify optimal marketing, pricing and sales decisions for our Printing & Personal Systems business in the America. Working in the Pricing Strategy and Analytics team, you will drive advanced pricing analytics (e.g., elasticity and cross elasticity, price optimization, pricing waterfalls, promotion effectiveness) and apply your knowledge of statistical modeling and data. Insights from your statistical analyses will be used to develop marketing and pricing guidelines for HP printers, PCs, tablets etc. You will work closely with Product category, Sales, and Finance to drive profitable growth.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 10+ years of experience in the field of data science
- Be able to apply statistical methods (incl. regression) to analyze the effect of pricing and sales decisions on business performance
- Visualize and interpret the results of the analyses, including strategy recommendations
- Present the results and the corresponding recommendations to the relevant stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Design and implement dashboards for the management to track current sales/profit performance.
- Develop and implement frameworks and processes for systematic data analysis.
- Manages and creates relationships with business partners to evaluate and foster data driven innovation, provide domain-specific expertise in cross-organization projects/initiatives.
- Provides guidance, training and mentoring to less experienced staff members
- Proficiency in R and/or Python to merge different data sources, analyze data and conduct regression analyses (incl. Probit/Logit and other GLM) is highly desired
- Strong analytical skills, with a high level of attention to detail. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and database management
- Ability to design reporting dashboards and knowledge of reporting software (e.g. Tableau, Shiny)
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be a team player, who is diplomatic, savvy, and has a high level of emotional maturity. Ability to build strong relationships across different functions
- University degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Quantitative Economics or Quantitative Marketing, Statistics, Econometrics,) with advanced degree preferred
- Analytics experience in marketing/pricing is a plus