Junior Data Scientist is responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities using statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. They are intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. In addition, this role will be integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results.
- Work with the business stakeholders to identify the business requirements, including understanding any business constraints and the expected outcome.
- Assist in implementing data science projects including achieving the key performance indicators (KPIs) for success
- Model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical processes and/or decisions.
- Select features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning and advanced analytics techniques to perform classification and prediction tasks.
- Identify what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes.
- Test machine learning models, such as cross-validation, A/B testing, to ensure bias and fairness
- Understand the use and ability to employ the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns.
- Help to create data pipelines for more efficient and repeatable data science projects.
- Turns data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions.
- Validate analysis by including experimental and flexible design approaches with testing methods.
- Work in iterative process with the business to validate findings to expose the rationale to the findings in an easy to understand terms for the business.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers using storytelling techniques.
- Educate the business on new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results to drive organizational buy-in.
- Ensure information used follows compliance, access management and control policies of the organization and that it meets qualification and assurance requirements of the business.
- Understand new data sources and process pipelines, and catalog/document them.
- Define data quality gaps and make recommendations on standardizations, naming conventions, or process changes.
- Make recommendations on improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information.
- Maintains current understanding of trends with data science capabilities and tools to stay relevant.
- Displays a high level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and the ability to deal with confidential matters.
- Held accountable, to the highest degree, for the control, accuracy and thoroughness of all expenses, records and reports.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a data or statistical analysis, with mathematical and causal modeling skills.
Minimum of one year of experience with any of the following: Relational and Graph databases
Data science toolkits, such as R, Python, Rapid Miner, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly preferred.
Data visualization tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
Querying database languages
Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools, such as Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc. is preferred.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO is the Law poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting