Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
BCG X is the tech build & design unit of BCG. Turbocharging BCG's deep industry and functional expertise, BCG X brings together advanced tech knowledge and ambitious entrepreneurship to help organizations enable innovation at scale. With nearly 3,000 technologists, scientists, programmers, engineers, and human-centered designers located across 80+ cities, BCG X builds and designs platforms and software to address the world's most important challenges and opportunities. Teaming across our practices, and in close collaboration with our clients, our end-to-end global team unlocks new possibilities. Together we're creating the bold and disruptive products, services, and businesses of tomorrow.
Practice Area Profile
What You'll Do
As a part of BCG X A&A team, you will work closely with consulting teams on a diverse range of advanced analytics topics. You will have the opportunity to leverage analytical methodologies to deliver value to BCG's Consulting (case) teams and Practice Areas (domain) through providing analytics subject matter expertise, and accelerated execution support.
You will collaborate with case teams to gather requirements, specify, design, develop, deliver and support analytic solutions serving client needs. You will provide technical support through deeper understanding of relevant data analytics solutions and processes to build high quality and efficient analytic solutions.
YOU'RE GOOD AT :
Working with case (and proposal) teams
- Acquiring deep expertise in at least one analytics topic & understanding of all analytics capabilities
- Defining and explaining expected analytics outcome; defining approach selection
- Delivering original analysis and insights to case teams, typically owning all or part of an analytics module and integrating with case teams
- Establishing credibility by thought partnering with case teams on analytics topics; drawing conclusions on a range of external and internal issues related to their module
- Communicating analytical insights through sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (including PPT slides and charts) with consultants, collects, synthesizes, analyses case team learning & inputs into new best practices and methodologies
- Assuring proper sign‐off before uploading materials into internal repository for reference; sanitizing confidential client content in marketing documents
- Guides juniors on analytical methodologies and platforms, and helps in quality checks
- Contributes to team’s content & IP development
- Imparts technical trainings to team members and consulting cohorts
- Must have excellent command over various operation research techniques and related approaches such as:
- Mathematical programming such as Linear/Non-Linear Programming, Mixed Integer Programming, Metaheuristic techniques and Stochastic modelling
- Excellent in Programming Language such as Python
- Knowledge of some of the following tools would be considered a plus
- CPLEX/Gurobi & AIMMS , Alteryx
- Working experience in building supply chain models such as:
- Production planning and Queuing, Inventory Optimization, Resource allocation, Routing optimization, Production planning
You should be a clear and confident communicator, able to deliver messages in a concise manner with strong and effective written and verbal communication.
You should be strong in analytical solutioning with hands on experience in advanced analytics delivery, through the entire life cycle of analytics. Strong analytics skills with the ability to develop and codify knowledge and provide analytical advice where required.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in a field linked to Operations Research, Industrial engineering, statistics or economics, applied mathematics, computer science, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- At least 4-6 years of relevant industry work experience providing analytics solutions in a commercial setting
- Prior work experience in a global organization, preferably in a professional services organization in data analytics role
You will report to the Data & Analytics Manager - X Delivery, and you will work closely with the case teams on client Project