At AXA we're looking for a Data Engineer with experience in Azure, PySpark (Python) and Databricks. Reporting into one of the Solutions Team Leads and working closely with the various business units, you'll help us create new and better ways for the organisation to be successful.
With your expertise, you'll deliver significant savings, efficiency benefits and improved customer outcomes, developing our solutions engineering capability so that machine learning and AI solutions can be developed and deployed internally in a sustainable way. This is an exciting time to join as you will leverage our cloud-based data lake, design our advanced data pipelines. At AXA we're adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and the office in a way that works best for them and our customers.What you'll be doing:
- Consistently improve efficiency, perform deployments, maintenance and troubleshoot CI/CD pipelines.
- Help to solve business problems by building detailed knowledge of data sources, internal and external.
- Designing, building and deploying data systems, pipelines, applications for within the data storage layers.
- Collaborating with fellow data engineers to model data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches.
- Planning and delivering secure, best practice data integration strategy, creating and managing data environments in the Cloud.
- Operating in a fast-paced, iterative environment while remaining compliant with Information Security policies/standards.
Due to the number of applications we expect to receive for this role, we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than the listed closing date to ensure we're able to effectively manage interest. Therefore, if you're interested in joining us at AXA, please don't hesitate to apply.Qualifications
- Proficient in PySpark or Python is required, other languages are desirable.
- Proficient in several key technologies and frameworks such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure pipelines, ADF, ARM Infrastructure as code, Kedro, Airflow, Event Hubs, Databricks, Devops, GIT
- Strong data engineering skills. For example, data parsing, dataset wrangling, web scraping, data transformation, data integration, etc.
- Web Fundamentals, APIs, REST are essential.
- Database Systems and SQL experience.
- Able to transform structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, according to best ETL/ELT design patterns.
- Knowledge of and experience in CI/CD/orchestration best practices and principles.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex solutions.
As a precondition of employment for this role, you must be eligible and authorised to work in the United Kingdom.What We Offer
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
Our ambition is to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for, as such we’re committed to supporting employee needs, providing meaningful career development and celebrating differences. We understand that everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities, therefore we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. As a regulated financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks. We’re committed to providing equal opportunities for all, therefore we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. As a disability confident employer, we’re pleased to offer our support and access to the AXA Accessibility Concierge should you require an alternative method of applying or any reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you’d like to discuss this role further or would like to engage with our Accessibility Concierge, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout AXA
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
We’re proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, providing corporate support services to a whole range of AXA UK businesses. From how we use the latest technology to exploring new channels to market, our impact is far-reaching, wide-ranging and ever-evolving. We actively encourage our people to think differently. Because only by challenging the status quo will we push AXA onto even greater things.