Opportunity Overview: We are currently supporting the UK's financial regulator to recruit for an Associate Data Scientist. The role will sit in a team at the very heart of wholesale financial markets. You will assist in building and designing a comprehensive suite of market monitoring and risk analysis tools to supervise market trends and identify potential risks.
Key responsibilities include
- Working closely with the other analysts on the team, delivering analytics in collaboration with stakeholders across the directorates.
- Assisting in building and designing a comprehensive suite of market monitoring and risk analysis tools to supervise market trends and identify potential risks.
- Creating dashboard visualisations (Tableau) or data applications (streamlit/dash) to enable colleagues across the division to interact with them.
The ideal candidate would have
- Strong Python programming skills, as evidenced by previous experience in a relevant field.
- Proven experience of cleaning, transforming, and analysing large-scale data sets (ideally, but not necessarily, financial data sets)
- Genuine interest for wholesale financial markets
- Experience with core Python libraries (Pandas, NumPy, Statsmodels, Scikit-learn)
- Experience working with financial data.
- SQL experience (ideally PostgreSQL)
- Exposure to cloud computing (AWS preferred, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with data visualisation tools (Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire, Power BI etc.)
Interested candidates should apply at the earliest.Desired Skills and Experience
Wholesale Financial Markets