Build your career at Buildertrend! Named to Inc. Magazine's list of Best Workplaces 2020, 2021 & 2022 and ranked #1 Best Places to Work in Omaha 2019, 2020 & 2021.
ToolBeltData, a Buildertrend company, is looking for a Staff Data Engineer that loves to build incredible things. This person will be a fundamental member of the engineering team working closely with the organization to help build our world-class products and platform. ToolBeltData builds and maintains the largest and deepest repository of data on the skilled trades. We build data products that empower our clients and provide the intelligence they need when they need it.
Were building a best-in-class suite of products and solutions that empower our clients. Our core offering is comprised of a Data Pipeline that collects and composes billions of records, an ever expanding suite of Data Products and a Deliverability Platform.
The team is looking for an experienced individual to help create and manage our Data Pipeline and Data Products. Were looking for SQL ninjas, ETL experts and Data Architects that can not only get their hands dirty day-to-day but who can also understand how data flows thru the system to deliver value for our clients. As a senior member of the team you will have a direct impact on defining processes and products that our clients use every day. You will also play a role in training/mentoring and leading team members.
The day to day
- Building data pipelines for collection, storage, processing and analysis of data.
- Working closely with the rest of the team to architect, design and enhance our Data Products.
- Acting as a technical lead across our data organization, helping manage team deliverables.
- Delivering data to our clients, understanding their needs and translating that to actionable deliverables.
- Writing, testing, integrating, debugging pipelines. Development is QA at ToolBeltData.
- Researching new technologies and incorporating them into our systems and products.
- Being a part of a passionate and collaborative team focused on challenging each other to be better.
You might be a fit if
- Youre an expert in data collection, warehousing, transformation and analysis (if not well make you one!)
- Experience with common ETL frameworks, Data Orchestration tools and Data Processing techniques: eg. Alteryx, Dataiku, Apache Airflow, dbt, Airbyte, UIPath, data cleansing, normalization, validation, etc.
- Experience designing and building data pipelines and data products
- Experience building and operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience in building and maintaining cloud based infrastructure (eg AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Machine Learning in particular text analytics and NLP processes
- Experience leading projects / development teams
- You are a natural problem solver, have an inquisitive personality, and enjoy the challenge of big problems
Teams current stack
The perks and benefits
Great Pay, Awesome Benefits (Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k), Excellent Growth and Advancement Opportunities
Equal opportunity employer
At ToolBeltData, a Buildertrend Company we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company, and seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To see the complete list of Essential Job Functions, click here https://buildertrend.com/essential-job-functions-notice/
Buildertrend participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. For more information, please visit here: