At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.About The Role
- You r primary objective is to ensure project goals are achieved and are aligned with business objectives. You will also work closely with your Scrum team and program team to test, develop, refine and implement quality software in production via standard Agile methodologies.
Key Skills (Domain Expertise)
- Build and test Cloud-based applications for new and existing backend systems to help facilitate development teams to migrate to the cloud with an emphasis on quality, best-practice coding standards, and cost-effectiveness.
- Build platform reusable code and components that could be used by multiple project teams.
- Provide cloud integration development support to various project teams.
- Leverage modern design patterns and architectural principles to build platform reusable code and components that can be used across projects and teams.
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks.
- Support product owner in defining future stories and tech lead in defining technical requirements for new initiatives.
- Build rapid technical prototypes for early customer validation of new technologies.
- Collaborate effectively with Data Science to understand, translate, and integrate methodologies into engineering build pipelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to align development objectives with broader business goals
- 3-5 years of hands-on software development with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering.
- Must have strong cloud Implementation expertise in cloud architecture.
- Must have very good knowledge of storage, network, Compute services. Have sound knowledge in multi-zone, region-based designs.
- Must have the ability to provide solutions utilizing best practices for resilience, scalability, cloud optimization and security.
Mindset and Attributes
- Experience in software development using programming languages & tools/services: Java or Python or Scala and strong in SQL.
- Experience in big data processing tools/languages using Spark Scala.
- Experience with orchestration tools: Apache Airflow or similar tools.
- Strong knowledge on Unix/Linux OS, commands, shell scripting, python, JSON, YAML.
- Agile scrum experience in application development is required.
- Strong knowledge in AWS S3, PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Deployment and automation: Terraform, Cloud Formation would be a plus.
- Strong knowledge in Compute: EC2, EMR, AWS Lambda.
- Strong knowledge in Gitlab /Bitbucket.
- AWS Certification is a plus.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution.