Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Bonneville International is an integrated media company, providing advertising and digital marketing solutions across 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. As a leader in broadcasting and advertising for over 50 years, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We’re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
This is a remote role where the employee may report to work in-person on occasion or not at all.
In order to work on Company premises, or with clients / members of the public at other locations, Bonneville employees must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or evidence of a negative COVID-19 test within the previous seven days.
The Data Engineering team is responsible for shaping and executing the data agenda for Bonneville to power data as a competitive advantage and source of innovation. With a focus on mining big data that enters our markets across the company each day, the Data Engineer will build enterprise-level solutions to deliver game-changing business insights. The Data Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Data Warehouse, ETL, architecting appropriate business solutions, and maintaining Bonneville’s BI environment.
- Define requirements, workflows, data needs and provide subject matter expertise to rationalize user requests and challenge the norm to take the business to the next level
- Collaborate within an integrated team of data engineers, analysts, managers, sales leaders and content leaders to continuously deliver transformative capabilities for the organization
- Pull data out or various systems and push it into a SQL Server database using scripts or automation tools. Use SQL to manipulate and transform data
- Pull data into Domo and other systems, depending on the company’s needs
- Build dashboards and reports as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within Data and Business Intelligence
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Working or project experience with SQL, SSIS, Python, R or other programming languages
- Working knowledge of BI / Reporting tools (Domo, Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, etc.)
- Experience with ETL and the ability to ensure quality along the full ETL process
- Ability to write comprehensive reports to be utilized by high level decision makers
- Experience building and optimizing large data sets to answer specific business questions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail with project management experience and good organizational skills
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.