The Experience Center is transforming Humana into a human-centered, tech-driven company. We are accomplishing this by developing experience-first healthcare software rapidly, flexibly and iteratively. We are a technology incubator for the company and are expanding our capabilities by integrating Data Engineering and Data Science into the balanced team model. The Data Scientist will work with software engineers, product designers, and product managers to identify, validate, and adopt new technologies, tools, and practices, and turn these into human-centered experiences.
The Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Data Scientist work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.Responsibilities
The Data Scientist at the Experience Center has a strong intuitive grasp of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) as well as core product skills (strategy, roadmaps, prioritization, etc.). The Data Scientist pushes forward the strategic development of applications for machine learning and do what it takes to make them successful. The Lead Data Scientist executes the necessary AI/ML-driven initiatives necessary to deliver a complete solution to a stated business problem.
- Works collaboratively within a cross-functional balanced team to deliver solutions that meets our business needs.
- Works to continuously improve our service delivery and capabilities to deliver impactful experiences in the products we deliver to market.
- Act as an external facing business translator whose combined expertise in AI/ML and analytics will enable the incorporation of these practices to drive data driven decision in practice.
- Ability to travel as-needed to meet with team members (typically less than 5% travel).
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Data Science) and 3+ years’ experience or Master’s degree in a similar program.
- Experience with multi-variable model building
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders and diverse, cross-functional teams/organizations to develop appropriate requirements, scope and delivery timeframes, driving on-time execution
- Ability to leverage technology (e.g. SQL) to extract and manipulate data
- Working knowledge and experience in statistical analysis packages like Python and R, creating and translating models
- Strong analytical thinker with the ability to deliver high-quality work in a structured, disciplined and time-conscious manner
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in both strategic and tactical environments, accommodating for global-level needs
Humana Vaccination Statement
- Azure (ML and AI) experience
- Google Cloud Platform (ML and AI) experience
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.Work-At-Home Requirements
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
#LI - EL1Scheduled Weekly Hours