up to 45k (dependant on experience), bonus up to 16%, plus 38 days holiday. generous pension, life assurance, private medical cover, volunteering days and lots more!
Edinburgh, London or Birmingham offices, working in your local office 2-3 times a week and meeting with the wider team once a month
All of our roles are open to part-time, job-share and other types of flexibility. We will discuss what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process. You can read more about Phoenix Flex here
Date: 29th September
We have an incredible opportunity for an Annuities, Data Analyst to join us here at Phoenix Group in our Client Services Team within Retirement Solutions. This a brand new role to join our growing team.
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our 6,800 colleagues have ever worked.
We’re the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. We offer our 12 million customers products across our market-leading brands, including Standard Life, SunLife and ReAssure, with c.£259 billion of assets under administration. We’re a FTSE 100 organisation that is tackling key issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050, and we’re not done yet.
You will work closely with the Senior Data Analysts, Transition Managers and Annuities Reinsurance Actuaries, you will support many aspects of the overall BPA and reinsurance implementation journeys. The role would fit somebody looking for a challenge and an opportunity to develop themselves and their career.
- You will assist in analysing pension datasets and benefit specifications, to identify any development requirements for our outsourced administrator.
- You will provide support to the BPA implementation process, including assistance in reconciling data reports, payroll reports and valuation extracts provided by our outsourced administrator.
- Support the validation of data changes provided by the Trustee to ensure all are allowable under the insurance contract. Further validation to determine which of the data changes should flow through any reinsurance arrangements.
- Provide additional validation support, to ensure final insurance and reinsurance data sets are complete, accurate and fully in line with the respective benefit specifications.
- Proactively identify emerging data issues, liaising with external administrators and Phoenix’s outsourced administrator to rectify.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, Phoenix’s outsourced administrator, scheme administrators, Trustees and Reinsurers.
- Assist in the production of detailed and accurate management information to support the oversight of BPA and reinsurance performance.
What are we looking for?
You will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with and influence a variety of stakeholders across the business and externally. You will be self-aware with the desire to exceed expectations and demonstrate resilience in overcoming challenges and determination to deliver results for the business. You will have good data analysis skills with experience of working with large and complex datasets, with a keen eye for detail and good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel.
Knowledge of Bulk Annuities and Defined Benefit Pensions would is a must, along with previous experience working with Defined Benefit Pension data and/or reinsurance data, what we are looking for is the keenness and willingness to develop and progress in the role, highlighting and engaging with any training needs as appropriate.
We Want To Hire The Whole Version Of You
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If your experience looks different from what we’ve advertised and you believe that you can bring value to the role, we’d love to hear from you.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, please let us know so we can help you to be at your best.
Find out more about
- Guide for Candidates: thephoenixgroup.pagetiger.com/guideforcandidates
Find or get answers from our colleagues: www.thephoenixgroup.com/careers/talk-to-us