Hrs As a Company
HRS is reinventing the way businesses and governments work, stay and pay in today’s dynamic global marketplace. HRS’ advanced platform technology is extending its reach beyond hospitality to meetings, office space management, payment efficiency and crisis recovery.
Beyond cost savings in the global post-pandemic economy, HRS clients gain from an unrivaled focus on essential aspects including safety, security and satisfaction.
HRS is also recognized for its award-winning Green Stay Initiative , technology that helps corporate hotel programs achieve their NetZero targets, and its groundbreaking Crew & Passengers Solution, which leverages automation to elevate experiences for air and rail operations.
Founded in 1972, HRS works with 35 percent of the global Fortune 500, as well as the world’s leading hotel chains, regional hospitality groups and payment providers.BUSINESS UNIT
The HRS Data & Analytics Platform is one of the key enablers of HRS GROUP’s tech- and data driven business travel solutions. State of the art services and solutions like strategic consulting & hotel procurement, travel payment and expense solutions or efficient tools to manage corporate meetings and group booking facilitate the travel processes and guarantee savings along the value chain. Around 50 Data Specialists (Analysts, Scientists and Engineers) work together in our Data Community to create analytics solutions that serve our corporate customers, hotel partners, internal stakeholders, and ultimately millions of business travelers worldwide.HRS Data & Analytics leverage a rich data landscape (spend data, booking data, rate data, web analytics data, etc.) turning raw data into actionable insights to provide (semi-) automated decision support to customers and business stakeholders with advanced analytical solutions. We bring state-of-the-art algorithms in production, to enhance Search & Booking experience (with personalized recommendations), or optimize the corporate hotel portfolio to the objectives of customers and the needs of the travelers.Your mission is to help reinventing how business work, stay, and pay, poweredby Data & Analytics solutions and make it the next innovation of the HRS Group together with a great international team of passionate and result-driven entrepreneurial minds.POSITION
We are looking for a Cologne based Data Scientist Procurement Solutions (m/f/d) who helps building a next-generation Procurement Data Platform enabling our customers to find their perfect hotel for every trip, and helping our hotel partners growing their business.
As Procurement Solutions Data and Analytics department, we are responsible for turning data into insights, services and products for HRS. Around 50 Data Specialists (Analysts, Scientists and Engineers) work together in our Data Community to create solutions that ultimately serve millions of business travelers worldwide by providing analytics solutions for our corporate customers, hotel partners, and internal stakeholders.
We leverage our rich data landscape (spend data, booking data, rate data, web analytics data, etc.), to enable our business stakeholders and customers with advanced analytical solutions, and provide information on travelers’ behavior, and lodging market. We also bring state-of-the-art algorithms in production, to enhance Search & Booking experience (with personalized recommendations), or optimize the corporate hotel portfolio to the requirements of the customers and the needs of the travelers.CHALLENGE
FOR THIS EXCITING MISSION YOU ARE EQUIPPED WITH...
- Work on analyzing, understanding, challenging and documenting requirements towards the Procurement Data Platform within HRS Group together with business and steering teams from hotel procurement consulting & sales, as well as management ensuring continued development of the platform to serve HRS Group’s strategic vision.
- Translate requirements into technical- and analytical designs and ensure implementation and testing of the proposed solutions leveraging state-of-the-art cloud technologies for data engineering and data science.
- Develop new analytics solutions helping identify customer needs and uncover potential for innovative procurement approaches in line with HRS Group’s overall platform strategy.
- Collaborate with data engineers and data scientists across HRS Group to establish best-practices, exchange on latest trends, and stay abreast of your area of responsibility
- Work together with the management team to continuously refine and develop HRS Group’s procurement analytics capabilities and -strategies
- A degree in business computer science, mathematics or a comparable qualification
- Proven hands-on experience in data engineering or data science
- Superior expertise in Python or R, and SQL
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, esp. Docker, and Apache Airflow
- Sound project management capabilities, and commercial awareness
- Ideally, experience with data platforms, or integrated Sales & Marketing setups
- Fluent English
Access to a global network of a globally united and mutually responsible “Tribe of Intrapreneurs” that is passionately dedicated to renew the travel industry and while doing so reinvent the ways how businesses stay, work and pay.
Our entrepreneurial driven environment of full ownership and execution focus offers you the playground to contribute to a greater mission, while growing personally and professionally throughout this unique journey. You will continuously learn from a radical culture of retrospectives and continuous improvement and actively contribute to making business life better, smarter and more sustainable.LOCATION, MOBILITY, INCENTIVE
The attractive remuneration is in line with the market and, in addition to a fixed monthly salary, all necessary work equipment and mobility, will also include an annual or multi-year bonus.