Senior Data scientist (NLP)
Carelon Global Solutions Ireland is uniquely positioned to define the future of Health Technology – with a profound purpose, to help people live longer and better by predicting and preventing health issues earlier. It’s all about simplifying healthcare.
Founded in 2017 as a fully owned subsidiary of Elevance Health (previously known as Anthem Inc.), Carelon is committed to transforming the world of healthcare through operational excellence, innovation, and digital transformation. We are uniquely positioned to enable enterprises & organisations across multiple Technology domains including data analytics, digital technologies, automation & AI. Our Claims Processing, Provider Data Operations and Corporate Functions are among the best in the Healthcare Sector.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Write correct and clean code with limited guidance while ensuring following best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across multiple teams and stakeholders to drive business outcomes
- Analyse and classify semi-complex change request and identify and documents system code enhancements.
- Code and maintain different components of information systems.
- Develop a general understanding of how the work fits in to the larger project and identifies problems or issues in requirements.
- Effective Participation in scrum ceremonies like Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning, Retroactive, Backlog Refinement etc
- Collaborate effectively with DevOps team for code build and management
- Review code effectively (PR Reviews) and contribute to coaching junior members of the team
- Effective status updates on the work items and collaborate with Tech Leads to resolve any/all impediments for a given delivery.
- Bachelors or Masters (in data science, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related quantitative disciplines)
- Demonstrated experience in developing an end-end DS solution with focus on NLP embeddings- linear and non-linear, Vector Databases, fine tuning LLMs
- Excellent software engineering skills with hands on python and coding standards
- Minimum 3+ years of overall industry experience and experience coaching junior developers and setting best practices
- In depth understanding and demonstrated use of evaluation metrics and picking the right model metrics for the right use case
- Hands on experience in Linting, unit testing, and docker, CI/CD
- Ability to deliver to short timelines and under pressure
- Desire to become a technical SME
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Eagerness to learn and stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data science and cloud-based data warehousing