Data Scientist II - Remote-(22001274)
Data Scientist II
This position can be located in New York, NY, Holmdel, NJ or Stamford, CT. Over 50- 75% of the
work will be remote.
Position responsible for utilizing machine learning methods and tools like Python and SQL to examine business questions and uncover novel insights, also visualization of analytical results using Tableau and Dash.
The data scientist role will work closely with analytics translators and other data scientists in the team to integrate results into operational platforms. The position includes analytic computing, data analytics, predictive modeling and communication of results.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify highest value activities for Advanced Data and Analytics group
- Work closely with Data Architecture Lead to understand systems opportunities and constraints for maximally monetizing the Guardian Enterprise Data Infrastructure
- Develop relationships with business team members by being proactive, displaying an increasing understanding of the business processes and by recommending innovative solutions
- Provide data modeling, mining, pattern analysis, data visualization and machine learning solutions to address customer needs
- Communicate project output in terms of customer value, business objectives, and product opportunity
- Attend industry conferences to stay current on industry trends, challenges, and potential market opportunities
- Promote data science methods and processes across functions
- Master's degree with one – three years of experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied mathematics or related field
- Extensive experience in Python
- Solid experience in predictive modeling development
- Solid experience in SQL query and optimization
- Experience with parallelism in applying machine learning
- Experience with visualization software (Tableau or Dash)
- Familiar with a range of machine learning models, for example: Random Forest, GBM, XGboost, GLM/glmnet, Deep learning convolutional models, recurrent models, NLP, and dimensionality reduction methods, including PCA, SVD , Isomap
- Familiar with a range of machine learning related tools, for example: including Python scikitlearn, Pandas, numpy, H2O, Tensorflow, Keras, Spark
- Results driven with a positive can-do attitude
- Individual with curiosity to find stories hidden in a large repository of data
- Effective communication skills to work with partners to identify business questions and work through their data to search for answers
- Ability to tell a meaningful story with data
- Expected to actively participate in defining and governing our analytics strategy
- Strong in executing data science driven projects as we build out capabilities and our architecture.
- Strong business acumen, with ability to draw clear connections between data modeling activities and business challenges/opportunities
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and handle time constraints and manage shifting priorities.
- Consistent accuracy and thoroughness in performing work assignments
- Ability to work collaboratively with development/implementation staff through the design and build of new business processes and systems
- Understanding of best-in-class model and data configuration and development processes
- Understanding of data science trends and potential future state technologies
- Ability to travel – up to 10%.
Location & Vaccination Requirements
- The primary location for this position is our New York, Holmdel or Stamford office.
- Covid – 19 vaccinations required for this position.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the candidate’s affirmation of being Full Vaccinated prior to commencing employment in the new role. New hires will have five business days from their start date to provide proof of vaccination through our Vaccination Status Confirmation Form. “Fully Vaccinated” means that at least two weeks have elapsed since you received the recommended number of doses of any COVID-19 vaccine that is currently fully approved, or authorized for emergency use, by the Food and Drug Administration or that have been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
- If an applicant is unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, Guardian may provide reasonable accommodations. This policy may not apply to any Guardian colleagues working in a local jurisdiction (state, county, or city) that implements a law prohibiting a private employer from requiring vaccination, unless there is an applicable vaccine mandate from the federal government that would supersede the vaccination laws of the local jurisdiction. Guardian, in its sole discretion, may modify or terminate this requirement at any time.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. We help people and their families pursue financial security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover and thrive after unexpected loss.
From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and
financial strength. And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at www.GuardianLife.com.
© Copyright 2021 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Holmdel, United States-Connecticut-Stamford
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Standard
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: May 9, 2022, 8:35:09 AM