GCP Data Engineer
Deloitte is a historic leader in the industry's multi-year journey to cloud. Our clients have turned the corner and are engaging Deloitte for assistance in leveraging cloud at its fullest. We are looking for smart cloud Data Engineers who have experience in designing, developing, and scaling high value cloud data foundations architectures and pipelines within hyper scaler cloud platforms. We are seeking experienced architects and engineers who can apply the latest in ETL/ELT techniques to help our clients realize the potential of their data.
Work you'll do
In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on understanding requirements, designing and deploying leading Data engineering solutions using Google Cloud and, as a key member of our engineering practice solve tough problems and ensure success in designing and building complex world-class applications on public cloud.
Engage and consult with clients on foundational cloud Data requirements, migration of workloads from on-premise and needs for specific cloud based solutions
- Build PoCs with hands on efforts that demonstrate understanding of requirements and knowledge of IaC tools and Google recommended practices for Data and security
- Translate POCs into production grade code with appropriate guardrails and reviews
- Design the Data architecture with the security focus and tools baked in by default
- Leverage our deep relationships and partner programs to maintain and enhance our leading edge Data and GCP skills - participate in trusted tester programs and alpha/betas.
- Assist in developing our GCP Data community of practice by sharing your knowledge and experience with your peers and apprentices.
- Collaborate with our partners, developers and engineers to build repeatable cloud-native solutions that accelerate our clients' path to value.
- Author or otherwise contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as podcasts, blogs, and whitepapers
Strong on leading edge GCP Data Engineering tools and practices - Dataflow, Dataproc, Dataprep, Cloud Storage and BigQuery
- Experience in setup, configuration and going to production activities for Big Data solutions - Hadoop, Kafka, MapReduce, Pig, Hive
- Experience with Scala, Spark for data wrangling and transformations
- Prior expertise with development of Dataflow pipelines in GCP written in Java
- Good background on SQL and BigQuery jobs, tables, scheduled queries and leading data warehousing practices
- Background in development/ support of NoSQL data solutions - Cassandra, MongoDB and BigTable
- Experience in Cloud healthcare API, and writing data pipelines that leverage the API store
- Experience in build out of solutions dealing with Data Lineage and Data Provenance
- Experience with Data quality and Metadata management solutions
- Good Understanding and articulation of pipeline scalability and potential performance issues
- Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with multiple large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform.
- Google Cloud Data Engineering, Architecture, DevOps, and/or Security certifications
- Background in build out of complex network and security architectures
- Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
- Understanding of Data, Networking, and DevOps scripting and tooling
- Knowledge of Healthcare interoperability frameworks and solutions- DICOM, HL7v2 and FHIR
- Background of image conversions from VNA systems into DICOM format
- Knowledge of data format conversions into FHIR resources
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long term planning.
- Experienced, persuasive and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management.
- Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.