What Will You Be A Part Of?
Innovation allowed! As a Data Scientist II working in Digital Commerce, you will be part of a team dedicated to increasing the business efficiency of a Fortune 200 Company. This new position provides an exciting way for an early-career, high-aptitude employee to work with an experienced team and make immediate contributions.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, a leader in serving science and heavily involved in research and testing for COVID-19, is growing its business analysis and digital commerce group. Here is a rare opportunity for the right talent to join a very visible, highly capable team of data scientists and high-performing analysts. Do you like programming, math and data? Read on.
Working with a team of great people you will learn how to navigate the complex business concerns and translate them into processes and algorithms. These solutions will be presented to fellow analysts and business stakeholders. There will be a continuous challenge to develop new analytic capabilities and improve existing ones on a wide variety of projects.
What Will You Do?
Skills employed in this job will include:
- Pull data in from various sources and work with business leaders to create revenue generating strategies
- Apply advanced data algorithms to build models which could include: customer acquisition, up sell and cross sell, customer retention and others
- Validate and stress-test our algorithms
- Develop analytical and visual metrics to measure and compare campaign performance
- Transform data on customer behavior and web engagement into product recommendations
- Work with our Data Scientists to leverage machine learning and automation to enhance business processes
How Will You Get Here?
- Extracting data from multiple sources, cleaning and validating for duplicates and other anomalies
- Identify patterns in data and turn those patterns into market opportunities
- Employ math and statistics into algorithms to generate real-time predictive systems
- Align and adapt business problems to the most efficient machine learning algorithm
- Write code from scratch to create solutions that don’t align with any available turnkey packages
- Selecting and explaining the best analytical technique for the particular problem
- Understanding how to create a computationally efficient solution
- Accurately manage data coming from multiple domestic and international sources
- Proactively create solutions as opportunities are identified
- Bachelor's Degree with 0-2 years of relevant experience in data science, analytics, statistics, applied math or related
- Willingness to wrangle data and solve elusive problems
- Strong aptitude for math and numerical estimation
- Must embrace team spirit and have strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate across people of varying technical and business acumen
- Proficiency in Python (or PySpark) and SQL. Exposure to other languages is expected
- Passionate about continuous learning
- Experience in eCommerce desirable but not required
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, Databricks, Spark, Oracle or Power BI
- AWS/Cloud Computing
- Exposure to a variety of operating systems and computing platforms
- Familiarity with available Open Source solutions that will boost the team’s effectiveness