Brainmaven is a Toronto-based company building machine intelligence for human flourishing.
About the Position
We seek a Senior Machine Learning Engineering Manager with 5+ years leading a team of machine learning engineers and researchers in building and shipping high impact machine learning solutions.
During COVID we are fully remote, however, this will be an in-office position going forward. Brainmaven is headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
- Lead a team of machine learning engineers, machine learning researchers, and data scientists in delivering high impact machine learning solutions.
- There will be occasions where you will need to demonstrate your expertise by participating hands-on in product development and coding
- Understand clients’ business problems and identify possible technical solutions
- Work closely with product, business, and engineering teams to develop a compelling technical vision and roadmap
- Design and implement technical solutions based on advanced statistical techniques
- Hire, develop, and retain the machine learning team
- Coordinate with client teams on integration requirements and provide advice regarding the design and implementation of production-quality software systems to support machine learning solutions
- Foster a mindset of well-crafted code and architecture; nurture continuous improvement
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of machine learning researchers/engineers in building and shipping machine learning models to solve commercial problems in a large-scale production environment
- Masters or PhD in computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, or a related field
- Proficient with Python, relational databases, and SQL
- Proficient with industry-standard data science and machine learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc)
- Proficient with industry-standard toolchains for implementing machine learning models in production
- Proficient with cloud-native solutions (e.g., SnowFlake, DataBricks, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue/Lambda, RedShift, etc.)
- Proficient with industry-standard product management software (JIRA, etc)
Note: Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check and must be eligible to work in Canada