Through the development and maintenance of data, systems, and tools, enable the evaluation of risk and profitability, customer experience and operational improvement for the organization. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of the information and technology systems for the department, division or organization, where applicable.
- Participate in projects that support the analysis, evaluation and modeling of potential solutions analytical methods and processes that enable meeting the experience, operational or financial profitability and/or production goals of the company. Work with management and corporate areas to understand and incorporate strategic direction.
- Complete and prioritize multiple activities for assigned area. Balance sometimes conflicting goals.
- Create and deliver value-added services to clients/company, integrating information from other areas into the AMIG enterprise system, databases and models.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of analytics, data management, predictive modeling analyses and ad hoc work products in to system-based solutions. Translate complex business needs into system designs and specifications.
- Contribute to the evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of the enterprise internal information systems by supporting the evaluation of alternatives and performing appropriate cost benefit analysis.
- Interact with internal and external contacts to improve quality and knowledge of work product.
- Participate in the architecture/design and building of new automated solutions and procedures for the department, division and organization.
- Participate in various activities, client visits or audits as needed. Act as liaison on information technology discussions as appropriate for the functional area. Maintain current knowledge of trends and products in the system technology industries and address the need for development of new methods, products and procedures.
- Train associates and other relevant areas regarding new and enhanced system solutions and system options, including advanced data, systems and tools training specific to daily tasks.
- Contribute to the creation of and follow standards of documentation, quality control, data governance, and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology, including design, peer, and code review as well as ICS and IDP policies/controls. May participate in testing of internal controls for other units within the department.
- Be a steward of data quality at AMIG; identify issues and areas for improvement. Take known issues to Data Governance and represent the department in efforts to correct data issues and promote data quality for the broader organization.
- Create exhibits and visualizations of data that clarify and illuminate issues and insights in complex data
- Create data sets to be used by analysts that combine multiple complex data sources into a format that is suitable for analysis
- Explore alternative internal and external data sources
- Strong/In-depth knowledge of systems and data structures, with applicability towards (re)insurance operations, such as Oracle
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Expert working knowledge of analytical tools including, MS Excel and Access, VBA, TM1, Cognos, SAS, R, Power BI, Python
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of actuarial techniques, property/casualty (re)insurance, accounting and finance
- In depth analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong knowledge of industry source of information
At American Modern, a subsidiary of Munich Re, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
American Modern is a widely recognized, national leader in the specialty insurance business. With close to 50 years of experience in the manufactured housing insurance sector, the company delivers specialized products and services for residential property and the recreational market. One of our newest lines is pet health insurance. The company is headquartered in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio.
American Modern is licensed in all 50 states and offers insurance products through a number of property and casualty companies which serve more than 1.7 million policyholders. As part of its parent company, American Modern’s companies are rated A+ (Superior) by the A.M. Best Company an independent analyst of the insurance industry, and is also a Ward’s 50® Top Performer another well-regarded industry standard of stability and excellence.
American Modern joined Munich Re as a key part of the world reinsurance leader’s North American insurance operations in April 2008. Munich Re has approximately 47,000 employees in over 50 locations throughout the world and operates in all lines of insurance. It is among the top 100 companies on the Forbes Global 500 list.