Emanate Technology is proud to partner with a mid-sized Federal Government Department that is working across a number of ICT modernisation programs, looking to improve security and access of information for Australian businesses exporting and importing goods.
The division is responsible for the ICT functions and activities within the country and overseas. The role requires you to work within a high performing data warehousing team, delivering analytics and workload measurement. The division requires skilled Senior Data Engineers to liaise with subject matter experts (SME), have confidence in writing clear and business meaningful code documentation, follow proper programming practices and team programming conventions, as well as other related activities as required. Contract Details:
Skills and experience:
- Location: ACT or NSW
- Contract length: 6 months contract with 2 x 12-month extensions pending
- Baseline clearance Mandatory
- Confident in solving complex SQL problems.
- Ability to deliver combined business analyst, data modeller and ETL developer services.
- Ability to work independently in a rigorous and fast-paced environment and adapt quickly.
- Familiarity with the department’s business processes in exports and biosecurity – Highly desired.
- Familiarity with SQL Server query tuning, including the ability to diagnose problems using the query planner. – Desirable
- Familiarity with SQL Server Analysis Services: Tabular modelling, DAX – Desirable
- Experienced in data analysis and engagement to obtain specific knowledge.
- Confident in developing data models that allow future integration with other reporting products.
- Ability to work with new systems.
- Confident in developing SQL scripts in ETL scenarios.
- Experienced in writing relevant code documentation.
- Work within a highly sought-after agency
- Learn from some highly recommended mentors.
- Supportive and genuine team, open-door environment
- Career growth and pathways
- Access to top-of-the-line resources
To apply and be considered for this role, please apply through the link in this post and share a current resume or CV for review. If suitable, you will be contacted for an initial screening and for us to share more information with you.