We are a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for our clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products. We are truly global, supporting our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. Our high-energy and collaborative culture at Janus Henderson helps our client achieve their goals and ensures that our people love the place they work.
Our culture is the foundation for how we interact with clients and one another as part of our unique, people-focused work environment. We support a flexible hybrid working model that allows teams to build a strong and positive culture by inspiring innovation and increasing collaboration. Currently our hybrid working model allows employees to work 2 or more days in office and the remaining time remotely.
Employees and Managers will discuss and determine what schedule works best for them and the team, with additional flexibility available based on the role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
JHI Workplace Practices is subject to change as the future of work within our organization evolves.
The Global Technology department plays a crucial role in supporting the success of the business. We are responsible for developing and implementing state-of-the-art software and hardware maintenance to support our fund management, trading, distribution and operational areas with secure, stable and resilient technology platforms.
Overview of the role
As a Data Engineer, you will be working with product teams in technology and Enterprise Data Management teams with a main focus on enabling data management capabilities on the JHI data management platform. This role requires a significant set of technical skills, including Informatica data stack (EDC, Data Quality, Axon, IICS), cloud technologies and analytic tools (MS Azure, Databricks, Snowflake, PowerBI, Python, and SQL preferred).
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform data lineage scans using Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC)
- Build data quality rules and data profiles using Informatica Data Engineering Quality (DEQ)
- Build data definitions and glossaries using Axon Data Governance
- Improve and automate existing processes
- Perform unit and integration tests, as well as support UAT testing
- Provide estimates, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Build ETLs in data platforms using Informatica (PowerCenter/IICS), SQL, Python etc.
- Work within the agile delivery methodology, picking up data development tasks within a 2-week sprint, providing work estimates for tasks to project management, and participating in agile ceremonies
- Work closely with Janus Henderson Technology product teams and Janus Henderson business personnel on efforts of various scope
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Technical skills and qualifications
- Experience in data management tools; data lineage, data quality, data governance etc. Preferably, with the Informatica stack: EDC, IDQ, Axon etc.)
- Experience in Cloud Technologies and Analytics tools
- Experience with setting up and operating data pipelines and data wrangling procedures using Python and or SQL
- Understanding Data Warehouse, Data Lake, and Data Mart concepts
- Ability to think and work creatively to develop innovative data solutions in a collaborative multi-disciplined team environment
- Hands on experience with any/all technologies listed here preferred: Informatica stack (EDC, IDQ, Axon, IICS etc.), Microsoft Azure, Databricks, Snowflake, PowerBI, Azure DevOps, Data Factory, Autosys
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well independently and in a team environment
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed, in line with applicable regulatory requirements, by:
- Annual performance appraisal
- Completion of all assigned compliance training
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first, act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if additional guidance is required
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and seek support/guidance of the policy owner guidance when required
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary
The base salary range for this position is $110,000 - $120,000. This range is estimated for this role. Actual pay may be different.
Annual Bonus Opportunity: Position is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus award from the profit pool. The profit pool is funded based on Company profits. Individual bonuses are determined based on Company, department, team and individual performance.
Benefits: Janus Henderson is committed to offering a comprehensive total rewards package to eligible employees that includes; competitive compensation, pension/retirement plans, and various health, wellbeing and lifestyle benefits. To learn more about our offerings please visit the Why Join Us section on the career page here.
Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).