Job Title: Action Works Data Analyst
Reports to: Digital Strategy Action Works
6 month contract position (April 1, 2021 – September 31, 2021)
As the Action Works Data Analyst (AWDA) you are responsible for merging data from Cybergrants and WordPress, as well as manipulating the dataset that provides the foundation for Patagonia Action Works’ grantee data. As a data analyst, you will work with a cross-functionally with the Marketing and Enviromental teams to deliver high quality data sets built to the specifications of the Action Works platform. You will also create additional data sets for the process of vetting eligibility and content with the Enviromental team, merge new data from the edit and proof teams, and ensure that any additional, updated or relevant data is reflected back into the final data sets. You will be responsible for delivering additional data reports required for the completion of Action Works grantee onboarding process as requested.
What You’ll Do:
- Reconcile grants data set with Action Works WordPress data set to ensure a complete and consistent data set across platforms
- Work with internal stakeholders, external donation and grant-making partners to ensure organization information is valid, updated and accurate across platforms.
- Format all data fields according to Action Works data specifications ensuring consistent, error free data and formatting
- Create relevant reports for Enviromental checks as well as edit and proof review; merge updates and edits back into primary data
- Manipulate the data set to identify eligibility of all existing and new grantees
- Provide additional reports to assist the Action Works team in finalizing the data and onboarding process
- Assist with final quality assurance checks in coordination with Environmental team at various points to ensure the final dataset has not been corrupted at later stages in the process
- Keep detailed documentation throughout the data process, including steps and important formulas
- Contribute to weekly data -related meetings to ensure accurate and timely delivery of specific data requests across.
Who you are:
- Passionate – cares deeply about saving our home planet.
- Detail Oriented – dots all i's and crosses all t's.
- Methodical - able to gather appropriate input and make clear, well-reasoned decisions.
- Self-reflective - Acknowledge own's experience and experiences of other.
- Team player - brings positive energy and is a strong collaborative.
- Flexibility- able to remain open in times of change.
Experience you bring:
- A high level of Excel proficiency is required and familiarity with WordPress is strongly preferred.
- Other skills include the ability to:
- Use complex formulas to reference, extract and merge data across multiple data sets
- Use Pivot tables to simplify large data sets
- Implement best practices for maintaining data integrity and regular backups
- Ability to meet project milestones and communicate clearly with team members about potential challenges along the way
- Highly organized and detail oriented with an ability to quickly identify discrepancies and errors
- Prior experience with data analysis or data migrations projects preferred.
- Highly collaborative and willing to work with and take direction from multiple stakeholders.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.