S&P Global PlattsThe Impact:
This role has a core impact to our data science and modelling group responsible for enriching datasets and adding value to our analytics content through close collaboration with onsite teams and deliver Analytics data and modelling objectives. In this role you will gain a strong understanding of various commodities and Platts Analytics businesses to design and implement advanced strategic solutions and migrate the legacy processes into new technologies that enable data governance, automation, data quality monitoring and maintenance.The Opportunities:
Data is at the core of all our products and strategy. A successful candidate with strong understanding of various commodities data from an analytical and technical point of view; and be able to implement the next generation analytical solutions aligning with the strategy, can open business expansion opportunities from various segments of the organisation.An individual who can excel at this role will be known throughout numerous leadership teams - allowing for many opportunities of growth.The Team:
Reporting to Head of India Analytics and collaborate closely with wider data science and modelling group, content teams and various stake holders. The successful and dynamic candidate will expand collaboration with cross functional teams and build and maintain data processes for the future ensuring integrity of our Analytics content and data flows.What We're Looking For:
We are looking for a process orientated, methodological thinker with a keen eye for detail, who has proven experience working and leading structured workflows leveraging Data science skills.Responsibilities:
- To work closely with various stakeholders to collect, clean, model and visualise datasets.
- To create data regression models, using predictive data modelling and analysing data mining algorithms to deliver insights and implement action-oriented solutions to complex business problems
- To extract hidden value insights and enrich accuracy of the datasets.
- To leverage technology and automate workflows creating modernized operational processes aligning with the team strategy.
- To understand, implement, manage and maintain analytical solutions & techniques independently.
- To be strongly able to adjust the team processes quickly and best serve the project needs.
- To establish high performing, globally integrated and innovative mindset in the team culture
- To collaborate and coordinate with Data, content and modelling teams and provide analytical assistance of various commodity datasets
- To be able to execute with discipline and deliver appropriate documentation
- To drive and maintain high quality processes and delivering projects in collaborative Agile team environments
- University degree in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data science and related disciplines
- Ability to do research, identify, analyse data enrichments and presenting findings
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver creative solutions and automated workflows
- Experience of working on end-to-end data science pipelines: problem scoping, data gathering, EDA, modelling, insights, visualizations, monitoring and maintenance
- Strong experience working with various Data Science capabilities
- Experience with data automation using analytics skills like Python programming, Machine Learning
- Strong communications to build a constructive working relationship with various technology partners, stake holders and other internal/ external users
About S&P Global Platts:
- Experience of building high quality solutions and leading processes in the Agile working environment; understanding of Visual studio (VSTS)
- Proven experience working with Oil, gas and energy markets is desirable but not essential
- Experience working with Tableau is preferable but not essential
- Understanding of cloud-based services is desirable, preferably AWS, but not essential
- Experience working with Unified analytics platforms like Databricks is beneficial
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)