Opportunity at a Glance:
We believe that the complex healthcare landscape of tomorrow will require a different type of doctor — one who is globally minded and capable of working as part of a cohesive team to deliver empathetic, extraordinary care to a diverse patient population.
Our DATA ANALYST will perform data reporting and analysis with a high level of independent and autonomous action and thinking, in a complex environment of integrated systems. The primary responsibility for this role is to develop data reports and presentations to drive information and insight needs at Adtalem Global Education (ATGE) Medical. The incumbent in this position will translate requests of various internal customers, including leadership and operational teams, into actionable intelligence in order to improve operational performance, drive business results, and improve student outcomes. This position requires the ability to work under the direction of leadership with limited supervision.
- Participate as a primary contributor for solution development in the (ATGE) Medical operations group.
- Inform and drive innovative approaches to problems routinely faced by supported institutions.
- Possesses sufficient knowledge of business functions to effectively participate in technical analysis, design, construction, and implementation of solutions.
- Works in both team and individual contributor settings on assigned tasks.
- Improves knowledge in new technologies in order to use them in approved projects.
- Collect/extract data from various data sources using both native user interfaces and SQL.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to implement data transformations, resolve data quality issues, and collaborate on system change.
- Assists in reporting data to senior leadership to inform decision-making processes.
- Obtain feedback and customer input on ways to revise reporting to better serve decision-maker needs.
- Test developed solutions properly against customer acceptance criteria to ensure a quality results.
- Assist with writing and presentation of surveys and reports.
- Merges data from multiple sources to create universal data sets to use in vertical level analysis, reports and dashboards.
- Performs statistical analyses on merged data sets using an array analysis tools such as R, SPSS, Pandas, or Orange.
- Develop and maintain reports to meet ongoing needs of teams across the organization.
- Automate reports/dashboards to foster self-service business intelligence.
- Design, execute, and assemble data reports for ad-hoc analysis.
- Creates meta-data and documentation of all applications and processes.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, business or equivalent required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with relational data bases to independently develop custom data solutions, preferably in an educational setting.
- Experienced with relational data base design principles with exposure to multiple SQL languages, Oracle and Snowflake preferred.
- Experience with an array of technology platforms preferred, including:
- Customer Relationship Management tools (Salesforce)
- Student Information Systems (Banner)
- Call Center Solutions (Telephony)
- Communications/Marketing system (Eloqua & Qualtrics)
- Learning Management Systems (Canvas & E-Value) preferred
- Web-enabled survey platforms (Qualtrics, Survey Monkey)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite for productivity and automation (Excel, SharePoint, Forms, Power Automate, etc.) highly desired.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Power-BI and Report Builder required. Additional reporting and analytic visualization packages such as Cognos and Tableau a plus.
- Prefer experience with SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences), and other statistical packages/methodologies.
- Ability to create custom computer applications and processes to meet stakeholder needs, including, but not limited to, data extraction, data aggregation from multiple data sources, and creation of user-friendly reporting platforms that meet stakeholder needs.
- Ability to work independently with large data sets to create data solutions.
- Competency in working on all phases of application programming, including development, quality checks, and implementation.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and develop solutions to technical issues involving data aggregation and reporting.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment, be creative, and be able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must have excellent management, organizational, communications (written and oral), interpersonal and computer skills
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are:
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (AUC) is an international medical school preparing physicians for careers in the United States, Canada, and worldwide. We believe that today’s complex healthcare landscape requires a different type of doctor, one who is globally minded and capable of working as part of a cohesive team to deliver empathetic, extraordinary care to diverse patient populations. AUC employs a U.S. model curriculum with two years of medical sciences taught at our St. Maarten campus, followed by two years of clinical sciences taught at affiliated hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom. AUC is proud to have more than 7,000 alumni eligible for licensure in all 50 states and practicing medicine as chief residents, department chairs, program directors, researchers, entrepreneurs, and community advocates.
AUC’s mission is to train tomorrow’s physicians whose service to their communities and patients is enhanced by international learning experiences, a diverse learning community, and an emphasis on social accountability and engagement. Learn more about AUC, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.aucmed.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.