Posting Start Date: June 5, 2020
Posting End Date: June 19, 2020
Are you an ambitious individual who wants to enhance your career by working with a company who is committed to innovation? At Bruce Power, we offer career-defining opportunities for experienced data management professionals and invest in professional development. Being located on the shores of Lake Huron means you’ll also have a chance to enjoy a nature-filled lifestyle filled with adventure.
Under the direction of the Manager, Information Technology (Data Management), the successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead various unique projects and enterprise-wide analytical initiatives with input from Senior Management. This dynamic opportunity will require you to design and build analytical models that provide data driven insights, and provide clear and concise communication supporting critical business decisions. This position requires a mixture of multi-disciplinary skills ranging from an intersection of mathematics, statistics, computer science, communications, and business.
- Coordinate the development, maintenance and documentation of forecasting models and systems, advanced analytical models, artificial intelligence-driven models, strategies, policies and computational techniques.
- Develop, recommend and monitors advanced statistical, predictive and prescriptive models.
- Collaboratively work with business users, line unit support staff, consultants and suppliers to identify innovative and strategic opportunities for efficiencies that result in the potential of automation of processes, artificial intelligence and other solutions.
- Develops solutions deduced from data and information to better enable the line organization and other divisions across the company in making effective decisions which includes probabilistic systems.
- Provide training to staff on data analysis, analytics, data mining, and in general using data to inform decision making.
- Perform technical supervision of assigning/checking project work for junior team members with follow up/feedback to the appropriate Manager on any potential performance issues.
- Suggest and work with data management teams to implement data collection.
- Establish, influence and work with a network of internal and external contacts to secure, protect and advance the interests of Bruce Power.
- Work with other organizations (internal/external, utility/non-utility) to establish areas of partnership for the mutual benefit of all.
- Develop and assess the impact of new business opportunities (self-identified and externally identified) in an effort to drive continual business improvement solutions.
- Evaluate alternative processes to accomplish the company’s strategic goals and determine which direction provides an optimal risk adjusted return to the organization.
- Develop and recommend short, medium and long term parts & services Demand Forecasts based on detailed research and analysis.
- Keep abreast of current big data and analytical methodologies and develop expertise in emerging technologies and methodologies.
- Provide functional advice on strategy, tactics and processes, and attempt to ensure compliance in this regard.
- Maintain an awareness of newly implemented analytically driven solutions, AI methodologies, AI/Big Data best practices and consult on strategies for exploiting opportunities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- This knowledge is considered to be gained by completion of a four (4) year university degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Development, Artificial Intelligence, Engineering, Finance, or a related and relevant field of study.
- 6 years up to 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics and business processes and its cognates including the principles of business systems, advanced quantitative methods, statistics, and forecasting methodology.
- Requires conceptual, analytical & strategic thinking in the development and recommendation of various models and solutions.
- Requires advanced programming skills with ability to apply statistical models.
- Requires knowledge and ability to develop artificial intelligence applications including machine learning and an ability to interpret and coordinate information and processes associated with mined data and information.
- Offers strong data visualization skills paired with an ability to convert data into a business story.
- Requires mastery of English, both oral and written, to communicate effectively with others, and to prepare models, reports, proposals and presentations; ability to speak French is an asset.
- Experience in a commercial environment, exhibiting advanced applied statistical and analytical skills and respectable knowledge of business intelligence methodologies is highly important.
- Requires experience to have led a data analytics project from start to end, including leading a team, designing the analytics model, confirming, curating, and cleansing the data, validating the model and the analytical output, and preparing and delivering the communication to senior management with recommendations.
- Requires extensive experience with using common data science toolkits and applications along with proficiency in using query languages and data governance.
- Requires experience to have a flexible and responsible approach to work, to be highly self-motivated, and to have a high degree of personal initiative and creativity.
- Requires practical experience to have gained an understanding of nuclear generation station operations, the utility industry and power generation in particular, or an equivalent industry and their internal business processes.
- Demonstrated strong personal commitment to take initiative.
- Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Experience as per the above qualifications.
- Transferable skills (for example: client support, problem solving, communication skills).
- Competency based interview.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
In order to ensure you are given full consideration for this position, please ensure your candidate application is completely filled out and up to date. The information in the candidate application will be used in the selection process to assess candidacy for this position.
Bruce Power is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups.