Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
LOCATION: Madrid. Travels at national and international level.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB.
Alstom announces an opening for a Data Scientist at our sit in Madrid site. This position supports the ADM Mobility Analytics program by developing, testing, validating, and industrializing Machine Learning (ML) algorithms for different data-driven applications in the Mobility domain. The main goal of the ADM Mobility Analytics program is to develop ML software modules in order to improve customer performance and experience using existing and new data analytics, supported by advanced simulations and domain experts. The main purpose of this position is to support senior data scientists and DevOps/MLOps engineers to develop zero-to-hero analytics applications (‘proof of concept” to “free-for-tender”) in maintenance, operations, energy, and city flow domains and secure successful field trials with our customers. In this capacity, you will be able to work on our next generation data-driven solutions for the Mobility industry, within a lean startup environment, in collaboration with engineering & mobility experts, data engineers, DevOps/software engineers, and HMI designers/storytellers.
- Develop approaches to mine, extract, and normalize various types of information from numerous disparate data sources, based on the customer requirements.
- Develop industrial-grade ML/AI/analytics modules and tools designed to address business needs and solve complex problems. This includes designing, coding, validating, testing, automating, and scaling ML/data science algorithms to meet TRL7 requirements.
- Suggest and apply a strong testing and quality assurance practices.
- Support field trials with our customers using the mobility analytics software modules and tools.
- Present results in a clear manner using presentations, interactive dashboards, and reports.
- Document data science and ML modules and code; contribute and review system, software, V&V and interface requirements.
- Attend meetings, submit work progress reports, and perform related duties as required.
- M.S. degree (with supplemented training) in data science, machine learning, computer science, operational research, or applied mathematics.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience in two (2) or more of the following: software development, data analytics, machine learning, AI. Theoretical knowledge would not be considered.
PhD in the fields of statistics or machine learning or applied mathematics
- Proven ML / AI background with supervised and unsupervised methods.
- Strong background with time series data analytics (prediction, pattern detection, anomaly detection, trending/seasonality, FPCA).
- Highly proficient with python and a standard set of python libraries for machine learning, AI, and statistics.
- Experience with python-based visualization libraries (such as plotly/dash and streamlit) and/or visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, Grafana, Kibana..) for developing interactive data-driven applications. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their previous projects.
- Experience in Spark (Scala, Python..)
- Experience in SQL language and in the use of Relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with git, github, and release management tools.
- Fluent in English. French is a plus.
- Causal Inference and analysis in Medical/Financial and predictive applications.
- Experience with PHM or Predictive Maintenance
- Experience with developing python libraries and packages.
- Experience in Cloud computing (Azure) DevOps/MLOps for data-driven applications.
- Experience with writing technical documentation, Conference papers and trainings.
- Experience with LINUX environment (shell scripting).
- Big Data and/or distributed processing environments
- Agile procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Passion for developing efficient, testable, scalable, and well-documented code for ML/AI.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to work successfully with both local and remote / international teams.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet deadlines, balance multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and work with frequent interruptions.
- Desire to be a team player and contributor in a highly collaborative environment across diverse and distributed teams.
- Perspective candidates will be asked to present their previous work (if possible) in order to demonstrate their data science and machine learning proficiency levels.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Database, Computer Science, Cloud, Linux, Technology, Research