About the role
We are currently looking for a data science engineer to reinforce the process and digital development department. The department is responsible for improving
existing, developing new processes and the realization of industrial IT investment projects for the Barry Callebaut group: more than 11000 employees, 56
manufacturing sites in 30 countries.
Key responsibilities include
- You guide and inspire the organization about the business potential and strategy of artificial intelligence/data science and identify data driven business opportunities.
- You will lead and execute small innovative proof of concept projects in very close collaboration with data engineers, process engineers and other stakeholders. You
prioritize, scope and manage data science projects and the corresponding KPI’s for success
- You are knowledgeable about data exploration and preparation and focus on integrating domain knowledge into ML solutions and apply various ML techniques
to built performant models in strong collaboration with external partners
- You start defining and communicating governance principles for our manufacturing organization and train staff on data science topics . Together with a data engineer you ensure the evolution from descriptive and diagnostic analytics towards predictive and
- You will be based in our Wieze or Halle office in Belgium and willing to accept projects worldwide. Due to the international nature of our projects we can offer
flexibility in terms of work hours and work location.
- You hold a Master degree. Specialization in statistics, mathematics, computer sciences, bio-science, chemistry or equivalent with a first experience in
industry (3-5years or more)
- You want to be passionate about our cocoa and chocolate industry and willing to master the process, collaborative and innovative mindset and curious about data
- You have experience with various ML, advanced analytics techniques and testing of ML models and knowledge of statistical modelling. Experience with Python and/or R is required.
- You are a good communicator and able to visualize complex problems
- You are thinking in a process oriented way. Experience in the food or process industry is preferred. You will be able to conduct analysis, identify and quantify improvement opportunities using continuous improvement standards.
- You are fluent in English. Dutch and/or French are considered a plus.
- Flexibility in terms of travel required for this function (up to 20%).
- You are a results-oriented team player and you will moderate the various parties involved (customers, users, suppliers and contractors).
- You have a broad interest in technology and are continuously collecting know-how to deliver state of the art solutions.
- At Barry Callebaut, we believe in equality and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment in which our employees can be their authentic selves. We believe that richness of diversity, be it of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin is fundamental to living our values and to the success of our business