Position DescriptionDATA ENGINEER
Who is a Data Engineer?
The Data Engineer will play an important role in driving forward GoodLife’s Technology & Innovation product roadmap through helping to build data services that support WOW experiences for our Members and Associates. In our mission to be the BEST combined Live and Digital fitness experience, data plays a significant role in empowering a more personalized and informed suite of digital services. Joining the Data Operations Team, you will help design, implement, and maintain batch and real-time scalable data pipelines with complex data transformations. In addition, you will support our software developers, database architects and data analysts on data initiatives to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture. You will foster a positive working culture of continuous improvement, modernized delivery and rapid go-to-market product innovation.What will you be doing?
Do you have what it takes?
- Design, implement, and maintain batch and real-time scalable data pipelines with complex data transformations
- Design, build, maintain and improve data platform infrastructure for ingesting, storing, and transforming data to enable data-driven products and services
- Monitor the overall performance and stability of the data pipelines infrastructure
- Write and optimize complex queries in order to make data easily and efficiently accessible to the consumers
- Assist with day-to-day support for data-related technical issues and data infrastructure needs
- Design and build prototyping solutions and conduct tests in order to support rapid product development and also to explore new design alternatives for our data platform
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years
- Experience in ETL/ data modeling, building scalable and reliable data pipelines, architecting data stores, supporting (Including Certifications or Professional Designations) complex ETL processes including SLA, performance measurements, and monitoring
- Hands-on experience with leading Cloud platforms, including Azure Cloud Data Solutions and AWS
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive Total Rewards Package
- FREE Fitness membership
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
At GoodLife Fitness, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and that is equitable. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.