- Friendly team, Cross-functional digital and personalisation squads
- 2 roles: Data Scientist and Senior Data Scientist
- Python, SQL, Spark, Tableau, GCP
We are hiring 1 x Mid-level and 1 x Senior Data Scientist for a 12-15 person Analytics team that work in cross-functional project/product squads directly with CX, Marketing and Digital stakeholders. In this role, you will get to work with great people to deliver data projects that will have a huge business impact for one of the top 100 ASX-listed companies!
This team has access to a wealth of data (millions of Australian customers as well as major 3rd party transaction, spending and location data sets) and are using it to deliver the best Customer Experience. To be successful in this setting, we are seeking data scientists with excellent soft skills dealing with business stakeholders, senior managers and explaining complex analytics concepts to less-technical teams.Experience and skills required;
Why is this role interesting to you?
- A minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience in a data science or advanced analytics role - ideally working with CX, Digital Marketing, Recommender Systems, Retail data or E-commerce
- Strong skills using Python, SQL and some data visualisation skills using Tableau or PowerBI
- Excellent communication skills. Not just presenting to senior stakeholders, but also adapting your style depending on the audience and focus on simplifying decisions with data insights
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field such as; Statistics, Maths, Computer Science, Actuarial Studies, Econometrics, Engineering or similar
- Amazing data and a company that wants to actually use ML and advanced analytics
- Great work-life balance, friendly peers, top-notch talent beside you in projects
- Large, interesting data and millions of customers!
- Good modern data stack and tools; Google Cloud Platform, Spark, Python, SQL, BigQuery, etc.
We are already interviewing - so if you are interested, please apply ASAP with your CV or profile or cover letter and we will arrange a more in-depth chat with any shortlisted applicants.
Please note, we require full-Australian work rights and you must be based in Sydney or able to relocate to Sydney (once COVID-safe).