The Map Scalability team performs fully automated semantic understanding of the world through the use of geometric interpretation and machine learning. The scope of the work includes ensuring we have a streamlined mapping pipeline with emphasis on automated annotation, onboard the vehicle and any other forms to support the operation of city scale autonomous systems.
Within the Map Scalability team, the Machine Learning Engineers/Scientists are responsible for developing machine learning solutions for our mapping software stack which includes (but not limited to) semantic understanding of the surroundings, automated map annotations and ML-based map update/validation.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and analyze deep neural networks for our mapping software stack.
- Conduct experiments, write reports, patents and publications.
- Develop core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines.
- Deploy machine learning solutions for mapping and road understanding into production.
What we're looking for:
- Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field or 2+ years industry experience working on machine learning.
- Prior experience on integrating & implementing network models in production for at least one of the following applications: Object detection, Instance/Semantic segmentation, Sensor fusion, Multitask learning, Network compression, Point Cloud Registration.
- Experience on deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Knowledge of software engineering process: software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, etc
- Experience on building and working on huge data sets
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Bonus Points for experience with
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ECCV, ICLR…)
- C++ development experience
- Software development experience from industry.
- Familiarity with CUDA, CMake, continuous integration tools and the agile development process.
- Experience working with mapping software and/or familiar with SLAM algorithms
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.