The team working on AR/VR Emerging Products and technologies at Facebook are on a mission to build the next computing platform centered around people. We continue to push the state-of-the-art with groundbreaking research into emerging technologies and hardware that will help bring this vision to life. We are building a team focused on building new products that support this mission. We are looking for a Data Scientist with deep knowledge launching hardware products to market to join us and help bring AR/VR emerging products to life. This role will be our first Data Scientist for a specific emerging AR/VR product line. As such, you will be working closely with your product partners to define success of the product, ensure we can measure that success and all the levers to get there, while also leveraging data to inform features for the product. Once the launch occurs, you will be responsible for learning from the data to inform product development, largely through experimentation. This is an exciting, green field opportunity to shape a product that will create a whole new computing category.
Data Scientist, AR/VR Emerging Products Responsibilities
- Work independently to design, prototype, and implement complex analyses that will drive impactful product decisions
- Partner with engineering, product management and research teams to bring relevant data to produce decision making
- Define metrics that align with and describe the product vision, and metrics frameworks that enable deep understanding of the levers
- Use technologies such as Hive, Python, R, SQL to create deep scalable and repeatable insights that will empower the team while informing roadmap and team priorities
- Effectively communicate results and insights to the product team and company leadership
- Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research)
- 5+ years of scripting experience with one of these languages (Python, R)
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience designing and evaluating experiments/AB testing
- Experience in consumer hardware products
- Expertise in experimentation
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.